1.    #1  
    Help! I installed the Adobe Reader, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to open files.

I would think it would be as easy as go to the menu, point it towards my card, and then select the file I want.

What am I missing?
    PDF files have to go through the Adobe acrobat converter program that came with the reader. The Plam software doesn't read PDF's directly, they have to be converted first.
    How did the files get on the card? The thing about the PDF reader for palm is that is DOES NOT read native PDF files. They have to be converted on the PC then sync'd over to the palm. Did you install the files via the Adobe conduit (which would have converted them), or are they native PDFs?

And here I thought the "P" in PDF stood for Portable....
    Scott beat me to it...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robbalazs
    PDF reader for palm is that is DOES NOT read native PDF files. They have to be converted on the PC then sync'd over to the palm.
    Wow, I learned something new. I just figured that a pdf file was indeed a pdf file.

I will make the conversion, although it appears that I cannot read a pdf file received through email on the Treo (unless of course the sender converted it for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    PDF files have to go through the Adobe acrobat converter program that came with the reader. The Plam software doesn't read PDF's directly, they have to be converted first.
    dang this palm OS is really gettin old...
    It's not PalmOS, it's the decision of Adobe to implement this way. I could understand it if the Palm-ized PDFs were a lot smaller than native ones. Unfortunately, that is not the case (palm-ized ones are often even BIGGER). The whole concept of the PDF is PORTABLE. Get w/the program, Adobe....