1.    #1  
    I just received a 2005 SC yesterday and was pleased to find that the Treo seems to integrate well with the bluetooth phone. It's only been a day, so I may run into problems, but so far so good.

This has been addressed before, but I wanted to start a new thread to make it easy for any new Lexus owners. Also, I haven't read much about transferring contacts, so I wanted to add my experience here as well.

To pair your phone, follow the instructions below which another member previously posted:

"1) Initiate pairing from the car;
    2) Respond with passcode from Treo;
    3) The Treo will say you connected, the car says it is still waiting;
    4) Disregard the car's message;
    5) Select the Handsfree as a Trusted Device in the Treo Bluetooth (this step was not included in earlier helpful instructions on this board, but is necessary);
    6) Initiate a call from the Treo;
    7) The car handsfree will pickup the call.

Notes:

1) Incoming calls to the Treo popup on the car screen as well as the Treo's, but even with the ringer on in the Treo, I don't hear an audible ring from the car.
    2) Outgoing calls placed from the Treo reliably get routed to the Handsfree;
    2) Once paired as above, the car Handsfree will re-pair every time you get in the car or turn the car off then back on."

To add items to the Lexus phone book, I found that it only accepts contacts which are formatted in a particular way. If not, you just get a name and a bunch of vertical bars for numbers: ||||||||

To get it to work, I created a category in my contacts called "QuickList." I then made duplicates of the numbers I wanted in the Lexus phone book and put them in this category. I then edited the contacts in the following fashion:

1. Make sure each contact has only one number
    2. Make sure each phone number has no alphabetical characters. Even parenthesis around area codes should be eliminated. Dashes are OK for some reason.
    3. Remove any addresses, notes, etc.

Next, activate the phone book transfer in the Lexus and then choose the category you created in your Treo. Choose "Send Category" on the Treo (under the Record menu) and the Treo will recognize the Lexus. Select the checkbox and say OK. The contacts will be transferred to the Lexus phonebook. From there you can also add them to the one touch buttons.

Has anyone else had experience with this that might be helpful?
    Last edited by Krispy2001; 04/13/2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispy2001
    I just received a 2005 SC yesterday and was pleased to find that the Treo seems to integrate well with the bluetooth phone. It's only been a day, so I may run into problems, but so far so good.

This has been addressed before, but I wanted to start a new thread to make it easy for any new Lexus owners. Also, I haven't read much about transferring contacts, so I wanted to add my experience here as well.

To pair your phone, follow the instructions below which another member previously posted:

"1) Initiate pairing from the car;
    2) Respond with passcode from Treo;
    3) The Treo will say you connected, the car says it is still waiting;
    4) Disregard the car's message;
    5) Select the Handsfree as a Trusted Device in the Treo Bluetooth (this step was not included in earlier helpful instructions on this board, but is necessary);
    6) Initiate a call from the Treo;
    7) The car handsfree will pickup the call.

Notes:

1) Incoming calls to the Treo popup on the car screen as well as the Treo's, but even with the ringer on in the Treo, I don't hear an audible ring from the car.
    2) Outgoing calls placed from the Treo reliably get routed to the Handsfree;
    2) Once paired as above, the car Handsfree will re-pair every time you get in the car or turn the car off then back on."

To add items to the Lexus phone book, I found that it only accepts contacts which are formatted in a particular way. If not, you just get a name and a bunch of vertical bars for numbers: ||||||||

To get it to work, I created a category in my contacts called "QuickList." I then made duplicates of the numbers I wanted in the Lexus phone book and put them in this category. I then edited the contacts in the following fashion:

1. Make sure each contact has only one number
    2. Make sure each phone number has no alphabetical characters. Even parenthesis around area codes should be eliminated. Dashes are OK for some reason.
    3. Remove any addresses, notes, etc.

Next, activate the phone book transfer in the Lexus and then choose the category you created in your Treo. Choose "Send Category" on the Treo (under the Record menu) and the Treo will recognize the Lexus. Select the checkbox and say OK. The contacts will be transferred to the Lexus phonebook. From there you can also add them to the one touch buttons.

Has anyone else had experience with this that might be helpful?

Thanks a bunch for this. This got me going.
    Good note- had tripped over most of this myself with my LS430 (04). I also had the issue with the piping and have taken to just creating dummy entries -Name & phone no. only with no () and then deleting right after I transfer.

Now I have a new issue- after applying the 1.08 update I can only make one call- after which it loses the bluetooth connection and won't reconnect until I restart the car.
    Krispy does the same setup work for the Toyota Pirus?
  5.    #5  
    Not sure, sorry.
    Hi Krispy 2001,

Thank you for your very helpful post. Have you encountered a problem with call waiting while connected to your SC? I just successfully paired the Treo with my new GS; everything works fine except that when I am on a call and another one comes in, the car drops the call I'm on. Unlike the Treo, there is no option to accept or ignore the incoming call. Regards.

Mehul
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestarmehul
    Hi Krispy 2001,

Thank you for your very helpful post. Have you encountered a problem with call waiting while connected to your SC? I just successfully paired the Treo with my new GS; everything works fine except that when I am on a call and another one comes in, the car drops the call I'm on. Unlike the Treo, there is no option to accept or ignore the incoming call. Regards.

Mehul
    I had that problem with my RX 330, but the Sprint Treo 1.12 firmware update fixed that and improved the bluetooth overall, whether with the connection to the car or my Treo BT headset.
    Apple iPhone, Apple Bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2
    I had that problem with my RX 330, but the Sprint Treo 1.12 firmware update fixed that and improved the bluetooth overall, whether with the connection to the car or my Treo BT headset.
    I have Cingular service on my Treo and did install the 1.15 update, but that does not seem to solve the problem. Any other ideas? Regards.
    I have a 2002 Lexus RX 300. It has the navigiation system, and the radio works through the touch-screen. I realize the CK3100's mute functions won't work with that system (or so I've read), but can I still install it without the mute functions and using a stand-alone speaker in the car?

Thanks for your help.

Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2
    I also experienced that the 1.12 Sprint update fixed the call waiting problem in my Lexus RX400h. Thank goodness. It's useable again! (I was using the 1.08 update.)