1.    #1  
    I just can't seem to find the answer for this question, but does anyone know if you can or can not apply this rom to a verizonzed treo. will it set it back to be a sprint phone. I know someone else sold a verizonized treo with the 1.08, but was wondering how to do it or if it is even possible. I did not do the conversion, so I wouldn't be able to convert to verizon again if the rom set it back to a sprint phone.....thanks in advance.
    I would not suggest it since I believe the stuff that is updated is for the Sprint network and not the Verizon network. I would guess if you tired to flash it, and it actualy flashed that you would end up with a dead phone.
    I have the 1.08 on my phone. kabish, you are incorrect. You indeed want to upgrade as it deals with the firmware on the sprint phone. The only thing you are doing as far as Verizon is concerned is roaming on its network. The phone itself is what is updated.

When you apply this update, you just need to redo the Chameleon part of the verizoning.

I have done it and it took care of my memory issue.
  4.    #4  
    i'm not too familar with the whole process, but what exactly is the chameleon part?? Is that hard to do? What is needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1205
    i'm not too familar with the whole process, but what exactly is the chameleon part?? Is that hard to do? What is needed?
    You need a serial cable and the Kyocera chameleon software. Essentially, you need to follow part of the instructions from the thread on this site about verizonizing a Sprint 650 or the directions on Shadowmite.com that tells you how to put a Verizon PRL file on your phone because it gets overwritten with the original 1.08 ROM update.

If you don't have the ability to do that part(mostly not having a cable), I suggest just using one of the custom ROMS from shadowmite.com to upgrade your phone. Using the custom rom installer, INSTEAD of the one from PalmOne, will NOT overwrite your Verizon PRL file and your phone will work fine. The ONLY drawback is that your phone will say that it still has v1.03 of the ROM. There's messages on Shadowmite's site about that, but it WILL DEFINITELY update your ROM and will NOT ruin your Verizon setup, IF you FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS exactly.