Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just unlocked my phone and freed my treo from the chains of Cingular. Now to make him independent I need to remove some of his old tatoo's...

Alcohol isn't working and I don't want to scratch it. Has anyone a good/scratchproof way to get that Cing logo off?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Try Paint thinner or nailpolish remover.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    BE CAREFUL! You really shouldn't use stuff like that on your phone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Just use a piece of tape if it is a problem...but does it annoy you that much
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I just unlocked my phone and freed my treo from the chains of Cingular. Now to make him independent I need to remove some of his old tatoo's...

Alcohol isn't working and I don't want to scratch it. Has anyone a good/scratchproof way to get that Cing logo off?

Blow Torch. Won't leave a scratch.

Or use a branding iron and use your own "brand"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I guess you can always use a product like "skin-it" to cover up the logo, or if you have $$$, get a Vaja case (T65 or T66)
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    dremel tool
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Fingernail polish over the top! Bright pink would look good.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    dremel tool

nahh.. i think that would leave a scratch.

How about a conveniently placed "crack".. Perhaps one from the "My Treo is on Crack" thread?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    nahh.. i think that would leave a scratch.
    only if you use the sanding attachment. I meant use a cutting attachment and carve it out.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Surgical laser.
    buy a dummy GSM ROW unit and prise off the Cing facia and stick on the dummy one, worked a treat with my Orange branded 600... no idea where to get dummy yet though but they will appear on ebay.
    You could also use car spray paint and lacquer, mask it off and spray, hey presto, and u have nearly full cans to do it again when it starts to wear off. The 600 was a match with a Ford metalic.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Fingernail polish over the top! Bright pink would look good.
    Still clinging to that dancing Spiderman, are we?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Interesting, in that the AT&T version doesn't have a logo, yet the Cingular version does.
    Hmmm...this is a contradiction. Juice asks "How to scratch off the Cing Logo", yet then he says he doesn't want to scratch it.

Thinking about this makes me feel like my Treo when it goes into a reset loop.

If Juice's recent post to the Cingular Unlocking thread is any indication, I suspect he wants to sell it on eBay as an unlocked GSM phone. In which case, forget it, dude - you can scratch off the name all you like, but it'll still have the Cingular applications and customizations in ROM.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    If Juice's recent post to the Cingular Unlocking thread is any indication, I suspect he wants to sell it on eBay as an unlocked GSM phone. In which case, forget it, dude - you can scratch off the name all you like, but it'll still have the Cingular applications and customizations in ROM.
    ohhhhhhh..... not a good idea. Scamming. Bad form.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Juice, if that's your intention, just sell the unlocked phone with the Cingular logo on it. I won one in a contest, had it unlocked and sold it on eBay. Fetched over $600 for it. Just stress in the auction that even though it has a Cingular logo on it, it's unlocked for other GSM networks.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    I agree, don't mess with the logo! If he damages the casing, which paint thinner and all that other stuff might do, forget about selling it on Ebay.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How did you unlock your phone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast