Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gnaw it off.
    If you wish to sell it as an unlocked phone, you will still need to disclose that it previously was locked to "carrier x". Different versions have different capabilities, limitations and proprietary programming, which may not be disguisable. Just be upfront and honest about what you are selling. It will still easily fetch $500-600.
    Quote Originally Posted by psyntist
    How did you unlock your phone?
    Gee, d'ya think there might be a few clues in the thread entitled
    How to unlock a Cingular Treo 650?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by psyntist
    How did you unlock your phone?
    Search the Forums for how to call Cingular CS and get an unlock code.
    If you've been a Cingular customer for 90 days, account is in good standing, you should be able to call and get the unlock code. Be sure you are getting the Subsidy Unlock code. They have to have the IMEI number off the phone to give it to you.

If you are going out of the country and need to use prepaid SIM cards, they will give you no problems in unlocking it. You may have to talk to a few different CSR's before someone understands what you are talking about, unfortunately.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Correct me if I am wrong...

Doesn't the Cingular T650 also have a custom blue faceplate?
    Yes it does.
    yeah... scratching of logo to pawn off as something itls not... that's not cool.

scratching of logo for no reason other to attempt the outrageous suggestion here, like nail polish or blow torch .... Very cool.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9.    #29  
    no I just want to scratch it off to disassociate myself from "the man". I don't need no brandin' on my cell phone. But trust me I was thinking about putting it on ebay cept' there's no PPC with EVDO, 3.5 audio jack, wifi and camera in my area. So I figure I'll just deal with it for about a year. Hey it's cool, it does sweet things. I'm connected just fine.

fyi I hit it with some nail polish remover and it didn't do anything. it's there to stay.
    Last edited by juice; 04/13/2005 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    no I just want to scratch it off to disassociate myself from "the man". I don't need no brandin' on my cell phone. But trust me I was thinking about putting it on ebay cept' there's no PPC with EVDO, 3.5 audio jack, wifi and camera in my area. So I figure I'll just deal with it for about a year. Hey it's cool, it does sweet things. I'm connected just fine.

fyi I hit it with some nail polish remover and it didn't do anything. it's there to stay.
    I still think a blow torch would work
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    I still think a blow torch would work
    There was no disagreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    There was no disagreement.
    I know. I just like repeating myself. Practice makes perfect.

For the record:

I still think a blow torch would work.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

When I had a PPC I used a sugar cube..yep it works great and doesn't scratch the finish, just the logo...do it lightly
    Quote Originally Posted by cmccarter
    When I had a PPC I used a sugar cube..yep it works great and doesn't scratch the finish, just the logo...do it lightly

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm"... someone report back to me on the science of this one.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Try to blow it off gently with a 12 guage

It'll still be Cingular Blue. I'll know you're associated just by the color!!!
    Haha, still associated with "the man".
    Juice,

I don't think taking the branding is going to increase the value of it by much. There are only 2 GSM carriers in the US now. Cingular is the largest of the two and most EBAYers looking for a phone won't care. Someone looking for and unlocked/unbranded phone will be pissed if they get a fake.
    I just unlocked my phone and freed my treo from the chains of Cingular. Now to make him independent I need to remove some of his old tatoo's...

Alcohol isn't working and I don't want to scratch it. Has anyone a good/scratchproof way to get that Cing logo off?
    maybe you should try using some greasy french fry fingers, the oil from the fries should make transparent.
    seems our specimens are multiplying...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast