1.    #1  
    When I press the apps button on my 650 to go to the card it takes a full 12 seconds before the apps come up, meanwhile a "please wait" is on the screen. Is this because of a slow card or just inherent in the treo? (Lexar 1G)
    That doesnt sound right. Has it always done that? It may be a part of the card is corrupt and the 650 is having a hard time reading it. I would copy off all the stuff from the SD card and reformat it to be sure.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Yeah,
    I get the same thing when I switch over to look at pictures on my 512 SanDisk Card. I just bought a SanDisk 1 Gig UltraII to see if it's faster, but am considering an UltraIII...

Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    When I press the apps button on my 650 to go to the card it takes a full 12 seconds before the apps come up, meanwhile a "please wait" is on the screen. Is this because of a slow card or just inherent in the treo? (Lexar 1G)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Yeah,
    I get the same thing when I switch over to look at pictures on my 512 SanDisk Card. I just bought a SanDisk 1 Gig UltraII to see if it's faster, but am considering an UltraIII...
    let me know if those new cards are faster. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    The new cards are much faster. I have a 2gb Ultra II and it formats and reads considerably faster than my 1gb standard card.

I would periodically copy your data to a pc with an sd reader, and then use the Treo to reformat the card. This always seemed to improve access times for me.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Pictures on a 650 using the Media app are slow no matter what card you use. I have an Extreme III from Sandisk and its still dog slow. That has something to do with the Media app.

The original poster's problem is that just switching the app view to the card takes 12 seconds. There is something definitely wrong there.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!