Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is this working for anyone who is operating the 1.08 update?
    Does this only work for the mp3/speakerphone speaker?

Is there any way to get the normal phone call speaker to be louder?
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    HAHA.
    I posted this a long time ago about my speaker volume decreasing after a rest. I dont know if you all remember. You dont need to do it when it rings. In fact, all you have to do is dial a number and use the side rocker to adjust it to max volume once after the phone has been reset. The overall speaker volume will be louder until the next reset. Its old news as mentioned above.
    I found that if I lower the ringer volume it sets the "speakerphone ringer volume" lower again until I go through the posted procedure again. So it appears to only fix the problem until you lower the volume again, not until the next reset as previously suggested.

E44
    What on earth would one want to LOWER it for?

My ringer is either OFF or on at Max. levels.

K
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    This was a known work around on the speakerphone issue on the T600, hardly a new discovery, sorry.
    I have seen numerous threads on this topic and none suggested this "hardly new discovery". Granted, the 650 is my first smartphone so I would not know if this was a known bug with the 600 or not. Anyway, as far as the curent discussion goes, I say that this is a "new discovery" and give the thread starter KUDOS.

Why are you trying to **** on his parade>
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    What on earth would one want to LOWER it for?

My ringer is either OFF or on at Max. levels.

K
    It was pretty bloody loud, and like the previous person said; it causes a bit of carackeling at times. This is most likely because I altered the ringer MP3s to be as LOUD AS POSSIBLE before transfering them to my 650. That and I just like to tinker with things
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    This was a known work around on the speakerphone issue on the T600, hardly a new discovery, sorry.
    It was news to me, and I daresay, to most anyone who never had a 600. Thanks for posting it, Rudy.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvan23
    HAHA.
    I posted this a long time ago about my speaker volume decreasing after a rest. I dont know if you all remember. You dont need to do it when it rings. In fact, all you have to do is dial a number and use the side rocker to adjust it to max volume once after the phone has been reset. The overall speaker volume will be louder until the next reset. Its old news as mentioned above.
    BigEvan23, that method is not the same one as what I am suggesting. You must be on speakerphone whilst the call is connecting, then increase the volume. You will definitely notice an increase, unless you're using Sprint that is (judging from reports).

Also, in response to those "you didn't discover it first" posts:
    It's cool. I was merely looking for a way to make MP3 ringtones (and some MIDI tones) actually usable in real-life outdoor environments. And by luck, I stumbled onto this. If it has been mentioned before, no problem. I scour these forums quite frequently and saw no mention of it, therefore I thought it'd be helpful to share it with my fellow Treo users. We're all Treo users -- Can't we all just get along?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    I get it....but you dont have to be on speakerphone. You just need to make sure that the volume is all the way up when the call is connecting. You will hear it when you push the side button to confirm right away in speaker or regular mode. At least on my Cingular one thats how it has always been.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12