1.    #1  
    i just stumbled on this, my wife had a zire 72 and it has a palm desktop also (in fact the same version # with different functions though) anyway, i unistalled the zires palm desktop or so i thought, then i load the treos palm desktop i got a message saying so files were not right or something anyway it created a folder for the wrong apps and put them in it. i then erased those files. after i finshed i noticed notepad and voice memo were still there, but not expense? i then made a voice memo and a note and synced and it worked. flawless . now if i can find the exact files i can do the same on my computer (we dont sync on the same computer)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Please post them if you find them. I would love to be able sync them.
  3.    #3  
    i posted em not to long ago

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    yes...
    Thank you!
  5.    #5  
    i just installed the palm desktop the zire 72 > uninstalled it (it still leaves the files necessary to sync note pad and voice memo) > install palm desktop from treo 650 and im syncing .

Anyway i think i found the files you need to sync the voice memo with your desktop. i will post them, if i am correct installing these files in your palmone folder should do it.(after a hotsync) i have not tried it since i have the zire cd already but if anyone would like to try and report back they are welcome. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/16/2005 at 08:01 AM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I think that these are all VersaMail files. I have them already from the Treo CD.
  7.    #7  

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  8.    #8  
    SORRY
    try these
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    SORRY
    try these
    Tried it, but no go. Did you pull these from the palmOne directory, or a sub?
    Also, do you have a HotSync conduit for voice?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #10  
    Insertion, i got these from the palmone folder (not in any sub), i cant find the conduit, im lookin. i have two more files i found in the folder labeled franko(which is my user name.) on my wifes computer they are a folder labeled NT though here they are. if anyone has any idea of the exact files i need please let me know. i was thinkin i will pull out the zire cd and explorer it to see what it find
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/17/2005 at 05:52 AM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  11.    #11  
    The file voicememo.dll is the conduit. i listed more files above. and maybe these will help also. i found them in the palmone folder under components>resources. they are the voice memo icons. if you put all the files i listed in the right folders i dont see why it wont work

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  12.    #12  
    has anyone tried this, did it work?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    has anyone tried this, did it work?
    Tried, with no luck.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Franko I may be a little late to this thread but I'm trying the same thing.

1st - you need the palm software files for VoiceMemo, Notepad, Expense load them on to Palm using FileZ - they have been posted elsewhere. Incidently you can load back onto Treo 650 GrafittiShortcuts file for use with Grafittianywhere & that works fine too. First take a copy of your whole user data usually \program files\palmone\<user> & all sufolders. Unless you moved it elsewhere like I have (my Docs).

On the Desktop all you need to do is first load the DesktopZire72 which I downloaded straight off palmone site/suppot. Before loading it I had cleaned off everything resembling Palm software. After loading it you can run it is has Voice, Note & Expense (not versamail or DTG obviously). Then go to Windows registry open the key HKCU\Software\U.S.Robitics\Pilot Desktop key it will have many folders find the 'Core' folder & delete it. Do not run Desktop anymore. What this does is hides Palm desktop from Treo650 installer.

Load Treo software it comes up "Install software..." if you did this right, rather that "Upgrade software.." If it says "Upgrade.." it will remove the old Desktop software & all components out before loading & we don't want that. Anyway run installation as usual, synch etc. It copies on DTG & Versamail. After Completing it has ALL software (VM, NP, DTG, Media) etc. EXCEPT Expense.

I have not figured out how to get expense running (even though it runs fine on the Treo650). I have copied the following files over Expcn20.dll (conduit), ExpenseExt.CNT/*.HLP (Help files) & ExpenseExt.ocx (ActiveX control) over to Palmone folder & also all the Expense files under \component\resources (6 files) + grafted about 3 separate 'Expense' related areas of the Win Registry from Zire desktop back on to Treo 650 setup under 'Expense' 'Componentx' & Hotsync (which I won't go into now). Expense appears on the desktop icons but it hangs when I try to run it. So far have not figured out how to get desktop expense running even though it's fine on the Treo HH...?
  15.    #15  
    glad to see it working for you

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    has anyone ever tried easy notes from iambic?
    I found that if you simply install the "lifedrive" palm desktop, notepad, voice memo & expense will all sync.

If you follow David Sydney's procedure, expense (as he said in his post) will not work.

What I did, was simply install the LifeDrive palm desktop (76mb download), then run only the DocsToGo installer from the Treo CD. The treo still syncs just fine. You can even run the PalmConduitSwitcher with the /outlook command and sync with outlook.

This will likely work with the Zire 72 Desktop as well, however it did not transfer over videos that I had taken with my treo 650, whereas the lifedrive palm desktop does.

Also, you may want to remove the "lifedrive manager" from your startup (thus far it seems to have no effect.)

Anyway, hope this helps some of you.