Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my SnapperMail Enterprise on my Sprint Treo 600 to their latest version, just released yesterday, 2.2.5, primarily for the ability to archive "Sent" messages to the SD card. This sems to work fine, but I now I am getting soft resets every time I try to "Receive More" of a message, either more text or attachments. Anyone else have this problem?
    thanks,
    amell
    Quote Originally Posted by amell
    I just upgraded my SnapperMail Enterprise on my Sprint Treo 600 to their latest version, just released yesterday, 2.2.5, primarily for the ability to archive "Sent" messages to the SD card. This sems to work fine, but I now I am getting soft resets every time I try to "Receive More" of a message, either more text or attachments. Anyone else have this problem?
    thanks,
    amell
    Have Enterprise 2.2.5.05, no problems.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Snapper folks said they have had other similar reports with this upgrade. I went back to 2.1 until it gets resolved...
    When you say "Snapper folks" do you mean the technical support people? Actually, I'm glad you reported on this, because now I'm going to hold off on upgrading.

Actually, I can't even get my version 2.1.1.01 enterprise edition to work in archiving emails to my SD card, even though I've edited and configured my folders.

How exactly have you configured your settings to make your archiving work?

Thanks! -Casey
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Casey: Here is what I got yesterday from Stuart Nicholson, Snapper developer:

"This is unfortunately a bug that made it into the 2.2.5.03
    release. I anticipate we'll release an update shortly - I'm just waiting
    to see if there's any other outstanding issues to resolve before posting
    another update.

In the interim you can simply tag the message for 'Fetch More' or 'Fetch
    Entire' and then do a Send/Fetch as this functionality is still working
    fine."

As for setting for archiving, you can do that for any folder by going to "Edit Folders" in the folder pull-down menu (except it won't work for "Sent" folder in versions earlier than 2.2). Archiving will happen every day at 3:00 am, which is the time Snapper uses for all "housekeeping" tasks. If you want to exectute these immediately, type "bug" from the main screen, which pulls up hidden preferences, and check "do 3 am tasks now". It looks like the upgrade allows the user to specify the time these daily tasks are done.
    http://www.snappermail.com/support/history.cfm is the change-log history of what has changed in 2.2.5
    Hi Amell,

Thanks for your explanation...much appreciated. I also finally realized that SnapperMail is in fact archiving my mail correctly. I figured this out by pulling out my SD card, and then my archived mail folder would no longer show my emails. I also further confirmed that my emails are in fact stored in the SD card by using the FileZ application to view the individual emails stored on the card.

If you happen to remember, can you keep us updated as to when the new release is finally fixed and free of bugs?

Thanks, Casey.
    According to Snapper some folks got a new Beta in their downloads section of 2.2.6 and it will soon be released to all. So hopefully they get the bugs cleared off.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    There is nothing in the registered users download section that would reference a new version (2.2.6). Hopefully soon since the latest version isn't very good.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    i have my snapper in rom 2.1, so i will hold off until a stable version is released. Just curious anyone know if there is a way to view picture attachments within the email? Also Im sure this has probably been asked but any plans for PUSH support? Thanks,
    Just took notice today at a problem I had been experiencing for a few days. I had been finding my phone to be off when I pulled it from my pocket, had missed several calls, etc and was very frustrated.

Decided today to take a looksy into why, found out that it was SnapperMail Premium 2.2.5. I used a variety of sources to figure this out, Crash Pro log, checking what new software had been installed, ##377# and common sense.

Yahoo group says they are aware and are releasing a 2.2.6 as soon as it is confirmed solid with private beta testers.

Ugly bug this, was really p155ing me off to find my phone off for the past few days....thats what I get for paying $40 and updating constantly!

Glad I found it though....
    New Snapper out, 2.2.6.0.1 What's with freakin' numbers? No Push Or Background, Chatter still Rocks!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    New Snapper out, 2.2.6.0.1 What's with freakin' numbers? No Push Or Background, Chatter still Rocks!
    Sure Chatter rocks, Unless you want to send attachments and are only on POP...

Not doggin Chatter, I realize it is a great supported product that many people like, just pointing out that it is NOT the BEST fit for all of us out there, contrary to what your post might indicate...

I already have Snapper, only use POP, and I send and recieve attachments frequently, these all prevent me from rockin the chatter...

Cheers
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Chatter's great, but I cannot use push, so I am sticking with SM. I'm going to sit it out for a few days before upgrading to 2.2.6.0.1,2,3,4,5,...etc. If anyone has done so, please let us know if it is stable, and particularly if there are any crashes when download a full message with attachments.
    thanks
    I had installed 2.2.5 and had lots, lots of problem, big mistake on my part.

This morn I installed 2.2.6 and so far I have no problems (and I have reasonably excerised it today) -- but a few days will tell more.
    Been useing it 2 full days & works well, no more re-sets! Everythings great......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Ditto - 2.2.6 seems to be working ok - no resets when downloading attachments
    Hi Amell,

Thanks for reporting on your experience with the new 2.2.6 upgrade. I'd like to know what the advantages are for this new upgrade versus the previous version. I am currently still using version 2.1.1.01 Enterprise Edition.

Also, do you need to delete the previous old version first before installing new version? Or will new version automatically overwrite old version?

Lastly, I've noticed that my current SnapperMail version canNOT do some things that VersaMail can. For example, VersaMail can send/receive vCard attachments and iCalendar attachments from MS Outlook, which in turn will download automatically to my Palm Contacts and Calendar. This is a very cool feature from Versamail. Also, VersaMail seems to better handle picture attachments too. Will the latest SnapperMail version do these things that VersaMail can?

Thanks! Casey
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Casey - major feature Iwas looking for in the upgrade was ability to archive messages in my "Sent" folder to the SD card. See earlier post on this thread for the version history, which gives the enhancements for current version. As for the other features you mentioned - can't help - don't use them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Amell,

Thanks for reporting on your experience with the new 2.2.6 upgrade. I'd like to know what the advantages are for this new upgrade versus the previous version. I am currently still using version 2.1.1.01 Enterprise Edition.

Also, do you need to delete the previous old version first before installing new version? Or will new version automatically overwrite old version?

Lastly, I've noticed that my current SnapperMail version canNOT do some things that VersaMail can. For example, VersaMail can send/receive vCard attachments and iCalendar attachments from MS Outlook, which in turn will download automatically to my Palm Contacts and Calendar. This is a very cool feature from Versamail. Also, VersaMail seems to better handle picture attachments too. Will the latest SnapperMail version do these things that VersaMail can?

Thanks! Casey
    You do know that you could try the demo, right? Then, not only would you get the answers to all of the questions you asked, but would have the added benefit of actually trying the software for yourself and not relying on anyone's opinion but your own...just a thought.

Also, shouldn't you as a registered user of 2.1.1 be entitled to this update in its full form, without having to try the demo? My updates from 2.1.1 on up have all been free and it is my understanding that they will continue to be free updates until perhaps the 3.x release...

I do realize the forums are for the sharing of opinion and answering questions, it just seems to me that in this particular instance it might be easier and better to give it a try for yourself.

Cheers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast