Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mattyp - Chatter has worked sending attachments for many months, and now works fully with POP3 (with the latest Beta - the release will be later this week).

amell - Push is NOT the most important feature of Chatter, IMO; you'd be missing out if you thought that was the only advantage.

Marc
    Amell:
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know you like the new version. Yes, I think archiving from the Sent file is a good thing. Thanks for keeping us updated.

MattyParanoid:
    Yes, my Enterprise Edition is fully registered and paid for ($62.50 at Handango.com). I simply appreciate opinions from others first before trying out beta versions or new releases. I really get frustrated with installing buggy software. I will wait another week, and download the latest version, which will be free to me as a registered user.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Amell:
    Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know you like the new version. Yes, I think archiving from the Sent file is a good thing. Thanks for keeping us updated.

MattyParanoid:
    Yes, my Enterprise Edition is fully registered and paid for ($62.50 at Handango.com). I simply appreciate opinions from others first before trying out beta versions or new releases. I really get frustrated with installing buggy software. I will wait another week, and download the latest version, which will be free to me as a registered user.
    Excellent point about installing crappy buggy software, I understand....guess I just love the pain!

Cheers

BTW, 2.2.6 is working flawlessly
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    mattyp - Chatter has worked sending attachments for many months, and now works fully with POP3 (with the latest Beta - the release will be later this week).

amell - Push is NOT the most important feature of Chatter, IMO; you'd be missing out if you thought that was the only advantage.

Marc
    Marc - I appreciate that Chatter has many great features (asynchronous fetching even without push is great) and you are improving it every day. I have installed and used the trial and like it - BUT, frankly without push, it seems not to add any value, for my purposes, over Snapper, with which I have become quite comfortable. I will, of course keep looking for your upgrades.
    thanks
    Hi Guys,

Yes, I finally did it. I installed the newest version 2.2.6.01 (Enterprise) today, and everything seems to work okay. Actually, I notice 2 immediate improvements right away.

First improvement is an option for attaching from Pics & Videos. Previously, I had to attach a picture file from Documents (Docs To Go), which was a hassle because Docs To Go will not show thumbnail images and you would have to know the exact file name instead of seeing an image. Of course, seeing a thumbnail image is always better than memorizing an esoteric file name. I don't want to attach the wrong picture by mistake, especially sending to the wrong person...if you know what I mean! ;-))

Second improvement is that the SD card archiving feature now actually works correctly on my Treo 650. Previous version did not work right, and I could not get messages to archive to SD card either automatically or manually, even despite using the "bug" command. Now with the newest release, when I do the "bug" command, this actually works!

I just also realized something regarding archiving messages to the SD card. A message needs to be at least 1 day old in order to archive immediately to the SD card, and also NOT show up in my archived file. If the message is **less** than 1 day old, the archived message will still remain shown in my archived file. If the message is **older** than 1 day, it will not show in the Archived folder, and immediately get placed into the SD card.

Personally, I wish that ALL messages go straight from Inbox to the Archived SD card folder when I want it to, withOUT having to remain in my Archived folder because it's *less* than 1 day old. The time stamp of the message is what determines whether a message is more or less than 1 day old. If the message is only a few hours old, it will *not* disappear from my Archived folder, unless the message is more than 24 hours old. Personally, I wish Archived messages don't show up even if less than 1 day old. Does this make sense what I'm saying? Anybody else feel the same way?

--Casey
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    This may have already been asked, but I was wondering if Snapper supports "background" email checking sort of like VersaMail does.

I"m considering giving Snapper a whirl, but the thing I hated when I used Snapper in the past (T600 days) was that it would light up the screen while checking mail, and when using other apps it wouldn't perform mail fetches in the background.

Could someone tell me if this has changed?
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 04/27/2005 at 02:53 PM.
    Nope, don't believe it will do what you want. My latest version will light up everytime to fetch new mail. Actually, I don't really find this a problem...only a slight annoyance, especially when it is doing its thing in the middle of something else I'm doing.

My other annoyance is that Snapper will not perform automatic fetching of mail (eg: every 30 minutes) when my Treo's internal lock is in effect. In other words, my Treo is set to lock in 1 hour's time due to inactivity. If my Treo is in a locked state, Snapper will not fetch any mail during the locked period. I must then enter the password to un-lock my Treo, and then Snapper will immediately start fetching any new mail. Why can't Snapper also fetch mail during any locked periods? Just my wish.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12