Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just bought my wife a treo 650 (she an agent). i want to set her up to do the following

Be able to access the MLS (im not sure if you have to use a paticular one, its late and i will ask her tomorrow)

On road Printing (which i have selected printboy for. good choice i hope )

mortagage calc.(would be nice to have this included in another app)

store her listings on the palm (pics and info)

Suprakey

Get office email (Biz Connect, its free and she can store docs in a selected folder on the office pc to share with the palm.)

Thanks in advance for your help

if anyone has a system that works for them please share, or let me know if i am pointed in the right direction

AGAIN Thanks for any help (I gotta make momma happy )

oh yeah i did a search but the info was outdated
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/13/2005 at 01:02 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  2.    #2  
    is anybody using this?

Pocket Real Estate

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Look people i ranted and rave about my Treo to my wife, "what can it do?, (3 sec pause) what it cant do might be a shorter list . you know just trying to share my love of the device, and maybe just a bit to rub in in that i had it (hey that never goes away, "yeah, but i had it first"). Anyway to make a long story short, id like to have many more kids , and when mommas happy im happy . so please help me fight for our future

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #4  
    I had it all planned out. (i appear from a dark corner (closet) wearing my socks and my bluetooth earpiece) "So, your a real estate agent (2sec pause) "I got just what you need" you know then whip out my treo.....

Come on this is my big chance to do THE POSE (you know like superman without the cape feet about shoulder width apart fist balled tightly, resting on the side of my 8 pack (i work hard), ok i got a case but thats not my point!

Will work for help!!!

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  5.    #5  
    i found that there are two ways to get file from mls

1. you can get it wireless (up to date real time listings)

this way (#1) is a bit expensive , around $160-200 setup fee + monthly charges $15-25

2. hotsync your listings before you leave (now i am just guessing, but you
    store this on a sd card correct?)

For these programs (#2) there is a one time fee and this is mobile mls

I think i will start her off with the mobile mls(#2) and see how that works out

now if someone could point me in the right direction as to where i can find a good mobile mls app that would be great(did you read the above post 1 thru this one ) i really cant test them out myself so i just wanted an opinion

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Funny thread Franko. Now that daylight is rolling around hopefully you'll get some answers to your questions soon. Just do us a favor and don't post a pic of "the pose" once you've got it figured out.

I'll be watching this threadl since I'm currently looking for a new house and my wife is something of an MLS Guru, at least from home. Would be nice to enable her to look up info about the places we find while on the road.

Ivory...
  7.    #7  
    you wanna score some brownie points too wuss , nah i know what you mean its the small victories (when i do good and im rewarded) that make me try so hard , did i say that, WUSS
    Last edited by Franko515; 04/13/2005 at 07:10 AM.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  8.    #8  
    I got to doin some thinkin, not abou that! since you can designate a folder to share on your pc (with the free business connect) couldnt you update the listings that day, save them to the folder on biz connect, then view them (FREE solution) hey wait a min. BRB

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  9.    #9  
    This might help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have been tryin to get things together for my wife who is a real estate agent.(im gonna buy her the 650) i just wanted to get all the info before buying, and here is some info i found. if you find out anything else please keep me posted.

My $91 mobile office and wireless printing solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past, when I needed to prepare documents on the road, I needed to visit Kinkos and rent a computer and printer. Now, I can skip Kinkos and do everything on my Treo.

I have been able to set up my Treo 650 as a complete mobile office, without spending tons of money, and without using a laptop. I can now (1) grab docs from my desktop; (2) email them to my Treo; (3) edit the docs on the Treo or create new documents from scratch, including long documents; and (4) print out final copies of the document wirelessly.

Here is my set-up:

1. For obtaining documents on the road:

--Sprint Business Connection: allows me to email documents from my desktop to the 650. (Free with my data plan)

--Win-Hand Anywhere: remote desktop app which is a backup for the Sprint BC app. (Free!)

2. For modifying E-mailed docs or drafting new docs:

--Documents to Go (Bundled free with the 650)

--Wordsmith (good alternative to Docs to Go. I am a longtime registered user of this app, so it was basically free for me on the 650)

--PalmOne Universal Wireless Keyboard: works great with the Treo 650 for pounding out longer documens via the IR port. ($47 from Amazon)

3. Printing out docs on the road:

--Printboy: has the printer drivers for printing directly from the Treo ($39 retail, plus $5 for shipping, minus $30 from Palm's referral program = $14 final price)

--Canon BJC-80 - small portable battery-powered printer with a built-in IR adaptor for wireless printing. ($30 from ebay, which included the printer, battery pack, and carrying case. I love Ebay for stuff like this)

Total extra money spent to turn $650 into my mobile office:

Keyboard: $47
    PrintBoy: 14
    Printer: 30

Total: $91

So far, the set-up is working great. I am just needing to adjust some documents/letterhead for the simple PrintBoy font capability.

I found this, someone else posted it a while back so i saved it for my wife when i got her a treo, i then posted this to help someone else, then i came back looking for the same information i found and posted. AND TO BOOT i stayed up all night hoping somebody would answer my post when i had the answer all along (Man this is one for the books) Love will make you do dumb stuff, its either that or stupidity.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  10.    #10  
    CLOSE THIS THREAD!!! im so ashamed

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Franko,
    How you get the MLS info is dependant on what MLS she uses. As for a loan calc. I swear by Loan Wizard Pro , you can solve for any unkown (ie. payment, loan amount duration etc..) It calculates all mortgage details like PMI, insurance and taxes. You can save an umlimited number of clients loan info so if they change there price range you just click the new price and it spits out there payment details, plus it gives amortorized details as well. It has an extremly easy UI and all upgrades have been free for several years now.

Hope that helps.
    I just downloaded the latest version and its even better than before. Very easy to use yet extremely comprehensive app.
  13.    #13  
    do they have this at handago? i just got the 100 bucks for her and was wondering if there was something at handago to get

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Yep its right HERE
    I think your best bet for the mls info is going to be pocket realestate, it is mls specific. I know I'm unable to get into my mls with my treo and view/search the listings. Pocket Real Estate has 2 versions one where you sync and download the info every day another is the wireless version... I'd go with the wireless version... of course PRE wans you to use both.
  16.    #16  
    will my biz connect solution not work?

OH YEAH THANKS SXTG

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Youre welcome...
    maybe you'll have more luck tonight
  18.    #18  
    pocket pc cost to much for me

my solution wont work or something

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    man this new version rocks! you can go to analyse and then copy to memo and print it out to give to your clients SWEET!
  20.    #20  
    I just know how to pay bills.

Please somebody tell me will my solution work?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast