1.    #1  
    I want to be able to check my work email using an Email program on my Treo 650. (My personal pop3 and imap accounts are easy)

I can check it using blazer, but I want to check it with an Email program. I highly doubt it is possible though.

It is "webmail" using Microsoft outlook web access.

I access it at https://webmail.rci.rogers.com/exchange/ (what is that "s" BTW?)

So, if there any way?
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    For me, I am able to check my work mail - just had to get the proper pop and smtp settings from my IT guy. Another way would be to forward the work emails to your personal account and bring them in that way?
  3.    #3  
    Well I am thinking that since it is server based that is probably not an option (BTW, I just checked I have 3,300 messages in my personal mailbox wow!). aren't those settings only for pop & imap?
    Soylent Green Is People

Your Versamail won't pick up your email?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Your Versamail won't pick up your email?
    It might. But, that was my question. Will it? If so, How?
    Soylent Green Is People

As has already been posted, you'll need to get the relevant protocols, etc, from your IT people. If they allow web access, they may also allow IMAP or POP access, though that will depend on corporate policies and firewall settings. The S in https:// indicates a secured (SSL) connection - the network traffic between your browser and the server is encrypted to prevent eavesdropping. It's likely that if POP or IMAP is available, you'll need to set those to use SSL too. Again, your IT people are the ones to ask.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    As has already been posted, you'll need to get the relevant protocols, etc, from your IT people. If they allow web access, they may also allow IMAP or POP access, though that will depend on corporate policies and firewall settings. The S in https:// indicates a secured (SSL) connection - the network traffic between your browser and the server is encrypted to prevent eavesdropping. It's likely that if POP or IMAP is available, you'll need to set those to use SSL too. Again, your IT people are the ones to ask.
    oh, I see. I guess I was looking at it wrong. I thought pop and imap were different types of email systems not different ways of accessing email.
    Soylent Green Is People

8. fnj
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    With regards to forwarding your work mail to another account accessable to your 650, the one problem I seem to have is that "from" and "subject" of the original message are replaced with my work address and a blank subject. Frustrating. If there was a way to retain this header informaiton, I would be in hog heaven.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hi guys. I am new to Treo Central as I do not own a Treo. (Not yet anyway, receiving my unlocked 650 today).

However, I can add a little info on this topic. I do, what I think you are looking for, daily on my MPX220. My work email is Outlook / Exchange based.

There are a couple services out there that will perform this functionality. If you are Cingular, the Cingular Xpress Mail will work. Ultimately, the real functionality is supplied by Seven Networks. I am a beta tester for them.

There are two different versions of the product, Enterprise and Personal Editions. The Enterprise edition must be maintained by your IT department. I use the Personal Edition. It installs a redirector on your PC and then you install the mobile client on your device. It syncs your mail and calendar OTA.

As I said, I have an MPX220 so I am running the Smartphone Client. There is also a client available for the Treo 650.

I rarely sync with a cable anymore. The only limitation that I have is that I cannot add or delete calendar entries using their software, but this is supposedly being worked on.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sprints version of this functionality is "Business Connection"
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...ssPersonal.jsp
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    I want to be able to check my work email using an Email program on my Treo 650. (My personal pop3 and imap accounts are easy)

I can check it using blazer, but I want to check it with an Email program. I highly doubt it is possible though.

It is "webmail" using Microsoft outlook web access.
    ~
    So, if there any way?
    I work at a security happy place, no pop3, no imap. web based only.
    it's a frik'en pbs tv station, for ~~~ sake. what? is someone gonna hack in and find out when teletubbies is on?
    so I'm trying to get them to just plain ol' Forward my mail to a gmail account then change the 'reply' to the work account.
    first question they asked was how many megs limit I have because they don't want bounce backs. I tell them 1gig (which is now 2gigs). they still balk.

try and get them to forward your email. maybe you'll have better luck. 'cause i still don't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fj60
    I work at a security happy place, no pop3, no imap. web based only.
    it's a frik'en pbs tv station, for ~~~ sake. what? is someone gonna hack in and find out when teletubbies is on?
    so I'm trying to get them to just plain ol' Forward my mail to a gmail account then change the 'reply' to the work account.
    first question they asked was how many megs limit I have because they don't want bounce backs. I tell them 1gig (which is now 2gigs). they still balk.

try and get them to forward your email. maybe you'll have better luck. 'cause i still don't have it.
    You forgot to bring them donuts...
    Instead of forwarding emial from outlook, you might want to check your "rules" listing. Some places allow you to re-direct right from within outlook on the exchange server, this preserving all the original sender and subject information. It's great, if your IT group allows it.
    If you company is using exchange 2003 server, you can use the built-in active sync function to retrieve emails. Check with your IT department.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Try using this link from Blazer....
    http://webmail.rci.rogers.com/oma

If Outlook Mobile Access is setup, you will get a login prompt. OMA works great with Blazer!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Your phone's Versamail program comes with an Exchange Activesync client.

Your office MS Exchange 2003 server comes with the Activesync server function.

There are no extrta charges involved, just have your IT set it up. There are several discusssion threads here on the subject.
    you can add different emails in the versa mail area. click on the mail button. click on the menu button and slide over to accounts and add account. I have a bellsouth acct that works great. I can't get my gmail to work though.
    Cheers,
    B
  18. gw1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Outlook web access does work on my Treo for email, although it can be a bit goofy, and some features such as public folders do not work.