1.    #1  
    Hi all -

I updated my Sprint with the 1.08 updater and definitely seemed to obtain more memory although, at about the same time I had Goodlink added by my company and now seem to have memory problems more frequently than before.

I keep my Outlook account (the one accessed by Goodlink) with less than 50 small emails in the in box and no large attachments. So, I am wondering, where is all of my memory going? (I am a light Treo user - no fancy rings, no need to listen to MP3's etc... I just need the thing to operate as a phone and a calendar with some note and task capabilities.) Whenever I try to update Documents to Go (which resides on the SD card) I get out-of-memory errors. I am also unable to use LauncherX as that goes into the reset loop of doom.

Based on Filez, here's what I have on my Treo 650 and the size of the files:
    • Goodlink 1.8M (Goodlink, Compose, Contacts, Email, Goodaccess, Notes, Tasks, Install - do I need all of these?)
    • NetFrontLib 1.2M
    • CalendarDB-PDat 958k
    • MultiMail 660K
    • DALAcDc 627k
    • Phone 605k
    • Blazer 411k
    • Boot 392k
    • MCLLibrary 367k
    • Photos-Foto 344k
    • DayNotez 337k (only have this on here in order to use Comet!)
    • ImgFile 297k
    • Calendar-PDat 245k
    • psysLaunchDB 245k
    • datemate 244k
    • HTTP Library 233k
    • MPEG-4Decodedr 233k
    • Bluetooth Library 228k
    • Nexter 227k
    • Other small apps: PowerRun, RealPlayer and all of other crap that comes standard
    Before the update I used Shadowmite ROM #5 to remove unused ROM applications but I've been hesitant to go there again given the memory problems and the installation of Goodlink.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the memory problems and advice on how to stabilize?

Thanks in advance.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    What the total memory picture? How many megs free?

What is causing memory problems? You have too much stuff loaded. (Yes yes, along will come the Trolls and whine about 23MB not being enough. I can hear them now... )

That multimail file, is that in ROM or RAM?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    right now, after cleaning up the Docs to Go issue I mentioned earlier I have 6.6M free out of 23.7M. That seems like a reasonable amount to me to have as free, but still run into out-of-memory errors. Maybe a specific file is fluctuating in size throughout the day? Something that is part of Goodlink? don't know.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    6.6MB seems like it should be fine. I am not familiar with Goodlink, so I cant say one way or another. You may have to do some testing and remove LauncherX and any other similar applications and see if DocsToGo still give you the error. It may be a combination of apps where one is stepping on the other. I highly recommend getting BackupBuddyVFS Pro and make checkpoint backups to your SD card to make it easier to go back to your original config once you've figured out which app is misbehaving.
    Cingular Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    Good idea. I have BackupBuddy pro, VFS, etc.. and thought it was installed but I just checked - no dice. I'll install it.

As for the memory - the 6M seems reasonable until I want to put Snappermail and/or Datebk5 back on. I guess I'll just live with the Goodlink option for both and go from there.

By the way - any advice on stable apps to turn the phone on and off at set times? I will try TreoAlarms, but I believe I had that on here before and it crashed.
    J.
    I am using TreoAlarm 0.98c since yesterday and its working fine for me. I was using TreoGuard for that, but for some reason every time it turned on in the morning I would get a signal, but the carrier name (Cingular) would not show - it would say SOS - Emergency Calls Only. Weird, because the phone would work fine. TreoAlarm worked for me this morning, with the added bonus of getting the latest weather forecast.
    Cingular Treo 650
  7.    #7  
    Great. Now if I can just find a program that will automatically restart the phone after a reset. This seems to happen sporadically. Maybe it's based on whatever caused the reset. Who knows!
    J.
    TreoGuard will do that for you. I keep TreoGuard around because it also locks all the keys except the ones I designate from answering the phone. Very handy as I fumble to get it out of my sideloading case.
    Cingular Treo 650
  9.    #9  
    Now, we'll just see if I can manage to get TreoAlarms and TreoGuard to really work the way they are supposed to. I don't seem to have much luck! LOL
    J.
    What's the problem with TreoAlarm?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    For me with 098c I have to set separate alarms to wake up and download the weather. If i ask it to enable wireless and download the weather on the same alarm, it will turn on the phone, but not download the weather. I just set Enable Wireless at 8:00am and update weather at 8:05am.
    Cingular Treo 650