1.    #1  
    Do you really really need to leave your computer on to get acess to your corporate email? Is there any other way?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Only way I know of. Just lock the PC and shut off the monitor.
    Doesn't Xpress(Cingular's email) have that requirement too? What's the purpose of portable email if you still have to rely on your big machine?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Unfortunately it's a requirement of the e-mail system you are on. If you have to use a "corporate" solution, odds are your corporation won't let computers outside the network (including your treo) access the server. So the problem is not with BC, Seven, Xpress, or any other software. It's with your company. Have them install an IMAP server and you'll be all set.
    I don't have official corporate email servers so I can use Snappermail(or Chatter) but wanted to try what I have included first. But I saw in another post that Xpress mail was required to connect to your desktop internet connection to work, because the desktop becomes the server. Is that always the case?

I don't even want to try Versamail after all the problems I keep reading about.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    I'm not a tech...what is a IMAP server? I work for a big corporation which uses microsoft 2000 exchange. I can not get my get my coporate email through Sprint because I will not be allowed to leave my computer on. Is there any other way to access my corporate email? Otherwise I will have to return my beloved Treo for a blackberry which my company supports. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    You'll have to ask your tech guys. Ask them if they have any way to check company e-mail from outside your company network (which is what your treo is)
  8.    #8  
    They said yes, but versamail doesn't work although Sprint did indicate they were going to get updates to support corp. email. I really want to keep my treo but if i can't find a solution than i have to return this for a blackberry. uggggg.
    What access methods did they list?
  10.    #10  
    On versamail?
    POP, IMAP, Outlook web access?
  12.    #12  
    I'm confused by the question? Do you mean my IT guy? Sorry I'm not a tech person my IT person just told me they have a micosoft outlook exchage server. I can ask him tomrrow about the other options.
    He's asking, what method did your IT guys say you need to use to access your corporate email from outside the network. One of the ways listed above will be the answer and should help figure out how you can have your Treo get it.

Ask your IT guys what servers and protocol/settings you need to use to get the mail from home.

Ivory...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    As I mentioned ion your other thread, BizCon Enterprise Edition would work but requires IT support. Probably ain't gonna happen unless you've got 20+ Treo users.

Another option would be an Exchange rule that auto-fowards your messages to an outside email account that you can hit with the Treo. Something like a GMail, Yahoo, or MSN/Hotmail account. However, be sure you aren't violating your company's IT policies by doing so. Also note that messages sent from the Treo would probably show as sent from the Gmail/etc. account and not your employers account.
    - Fushigi
  15.    #15  
    Thanks I'll check mith my IT guy and will post when I find out.