1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I've just bought my very first Visor and I'm very happy with it. One question though, is there any software out there that can use the on-board mic to do voice recording? I know that I can't use my 2M to do much recording, but if it can really do recording, I'll get a large memory module. Save money on getting a voice recorder for my lectures
    Thanks a bundle!
    Al dude
    The mic on the visor is not actually connected to the springboard port (directly) and not to the visor. The only way you will be able to record anything through that mic is to get a voice recorder module (WHICH I AM STILL WAITING FOR! )

There are 3 modules for voice recording that have been announced and 2 have shipping dates. Check the 'Modules' section here at VisorCentral for links to info on the different models (they each have good and bad points)
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I looked at the modules that are available but sadly none of them can do recording for a longer time... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait .... and wait somemore
    Al dude
  4. RJT
    ...and some more
    Originally posted by Aluminum
    Thanks! I looked at the modules that are available but sadly none of them can do recording for a longer time... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait ....

How much recording time do you need? The digital-5 voice recorder will come in two models...one that has 1 hour of voice recording storage and a second model that can store up to 3 HOURS!! of voice recording.

Is that still not enough?!?!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
  6.    #6  
    keke, I'm a greedy man
    Acturally I went over some other forum and discovered that the MiniJam will have voice recording in its later version. I think I'll wait and see what they come up with. I was just about the order the MiniJam... glad that I saw the message first. I just wish that Innogear will update their site once in a while!!!
    Al dude
    I'm not sure how long you are planning on waiting, but the MiniJam just started shipping so it may be a while before the next revision. I wouldn't wait for anything that innogear says is coming out, they revised (mainly deleted) the list of functions that the MiniJam and six-pac were supposed to come with a number of times.