1.    #1  
    We have had nothing but problems with 1.08. Our execs are ready to get rid of Sprint all together. The 650's constantly reboot, versamail crashes a lot more. As a last ditch effort, I'd like to put a few of our 650's back on the old ROM. Can this be done?
    Quote Originally Posted by sander
    We have had nothing but problems with 1.08. Our execs are ready to get rid of Sprint all together. The 650's constantly reboot, versamail crashes a lot more. As a last ditch effort, I'd like to put a few of our 650's back on the old ROM. Can this be done?
    Sure, if you're willing to flash a custom ROM that is a non-Sprint product, or if Sprint will provide you a ROMUpdater with the previous version.
    Look at Shadowmite's original SprintRom on http://www.shadowmite.com, it's not a custom ROM and is Sprint-original firmware with modem firmware. Visit his site, download the file, and follow the instructions. It is 1.03
    If I were you I would try to find the source of the problems without assuming it was the ROM update. There are many folks here running the update without problems. I would suggest following my troubleshooting tips on 1 device to see if you can definitely narrow it down to a firmware issue.

Treo Troubleshooting Tips 101
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    How long until TundyCentral hijacks this thread?
    Last edited by Insertion; 04/12/2005 at 07:53 PM. Reason: name calling
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    How long until TubbyCentral hijacks this thread?
    Please do stop the name calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Please do stop the name calling.
    I'll try, he brings that out of me at times. Anyways, now I'm hijacking...sorry!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Look at Shadowmite's original SprintRom on http://www.shadowmite.com, it's not a custom ROM and is Sprint-original firmware with modem firmware. Visit his site, download the file, and follow the instructions. It is 1.03
    My bad, didn't mean to imply the SprintRom was "custom", just that it is not a Sprint authorized and publically released ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    My bad, didn't mean to imply the SprintRom was "custom", just that it is not a Sprint authorized and publically released ROM.
    No problem, and you're correct, I don't believe it's Sprint sanctioned but is 1.03.