Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Well, I was hoping for a phone trace program ala "The Matrix." But no such luck. Could have been useful. Especially for Telemarketers. ;-) (I'm joking...) BTW, I'm waiting on a Treo 650 to come in... Will be activating it for TMobile. After reading about what has occured with Sprint with some people, I decided to stay where I'm am. Have to admit, it was funny reading some of the other newbie's posts. As to being seduced to the dark side... I might have been, except for Christinac130 kinda screwed it up for ya. ;-) Seriously, it's cool that we have female geeks as well! Nice to meet you all!
    What are your worries with Sprint?? At the present, the Sprint version is arguably the best of the phones. Or is it the Customer Service stories?

..and there are few female geeks here. But Christina does have a good attitude towards some of the stuff we sling around here. We do keep her chained in the kennel, but do allow her to roam around every once in a while.

Bwahahahaha!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #23  
    Insertion,
    Yeah, it's the Customer service. I don't feel like going to war every time the bill gets screwed up. The phone seemed good, but the service seems lousy. When your first experience when you ask three sprint reps what your bill looks like and you get three different answers... That's when you wonder, "If the service is this bad now... What's it going to be like if they screw up?" Yeah... Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    Insertion,
    Yeah, it's the Customer service. I don't feel like going to war every time the bill gets screwed up. The phone seemed good, but the service seems lousy. When your first experience when you ask three sprint reps what your bill looks like and you get three different answers... That's when you wonder, "If the service is this bad now... What's it going to be like if they screw up?" Yeah... Good times.
    I hear ya. I've had cell phones nearly 20 years now, and have probably called CS maybe 5 times. And pretty much all to change plans and/or features. (you can do this online now, thank your diety.) So I've never had any bad experience with any provider. I guess thats why I don't worry about it.

And back on topic, I've yet to find a definitive answer for tracing. All i ever find is "requires reset." If you're feeling bold, give it a try. Just post the bad news so we may poke fun and bring you to tears!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I hear ya. I've had cell phones nearly 20 years now, and have probably called CS maybe 5 times. And pretty much all to change plans and/or features. (you can do this online now, thank your diety.) So I've never had any bad experience with any provider. I guess thats why I don't worry about it.

And back on topic, I've yet to find a definitive answer for tracing. All i ever find is "requires reset." If you're feeling bold, give it a try. Just post the bad news so we may poke fun and bring you to tears!!
    Well, let me put it this way. Having done customer service for a cell phone company via outsource (I'd rather not say who, but I will say it wasn't Sprint), it's very difficult for me to be mad at them. However, that doesn't excuse them from not getting their information straight.

As to the Trace... If I could get a look at it, I might be able to figure it out. But maybe not. They don't tell us reps everything.

Still waiting for word from "Quicksmartphone.com" that my Treo's shipped. If they don't by Monday, Ill probably write 'em.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12