1.    #1  
    Ptunes's been playing songs on SD fine for a long time till a few days ago, when it starts skipping and then the the treo would go dead, keys non responsive, screen dark, no LED and the only thing is to soft reset with reset tool.

I am wondering if I have a corrupted SD card? I can't run any apps on the SD card anymore, I get "File error. (VFS2A02)" whenever I try to run apps on SD.

Are there any utilities to test the SD card?
    You could always format the card and see if it wigs out during format. Could be a corrupted filesystem or the actual card is bad.
    That definitely smells like a bad card. Try copying as much as you can off the card and then try reformatting it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4.    #4  
    Another problem I failed to mention was I could not copy pics or videos from memory to SD.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Another problem I failed to mention was I could not copy pics or videos from memory to SD.
    Are you getting an error message? Can you copy from SD back to your PC?
    Cingular Treo 650
  6.    #6  
    Not getting an error message (when trying to copy pics from mem to SD), just nothing happens.
  7.    #7  
    I searched for the VFS2A02 error (when trying to run apps on SD) at PalmOne support but it was not found.
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Not getting an error message (when trying to copy pics from mem to SD), just nothing happens.
    I hate to say it, but it does sound like a corrupt SD card. The shame is that reformatting it may fix it, but you will lose everything you have on it. I guess it is what it is since you cant copy stuff off either, right?

You can try reformatting it to see if it will work again. If you use BackupBuddy for Windows 2.x, it will backup the contents of your SD card on your PC every time you hotsync (it excludes MP3s and backup files by default, but you can include them if you want to). It is also possible that the card is bad. If it happens again I would consider getting a new card.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Sadly, I get errors like this all the time with ptunes. I can sometimes run for a couple of minutes - but rarely. Usually I get a crash within 14-50 seconds. Half the time the device will come back from the reset with some significant data loss. (Saved prefs still in tact, but all of my applications deleted. Prefs gone but data and apps still in place. Some apps missing with others still in place.) I can however run just fine on streaming audio - it's just songs (only tested mp3) from my sd card that kills it.

I've tried erase and reformatting. Different tracks. Re-ripping from original media. No luck anyplace. Anybody else seen this kind of melting down? I get it in Real Player, too - a little less immediately, and significantly less often catastrophically.

After a restore from backup I delete ptunes and all the associated files and then copy over a fresh copy from the .zip I keep on my sd card and re-enter my prefs. No luck.

My crash seems to come a bit more quickly if I'm letting the player run in the background, but it eventually happens if I leave the player in the foreground, too.

I haven't attempted a systematic enabling and disabling of individual extensions and apps to determine the incompatibility, so I'm hoping perhaps someone else has that could toss out some suggestions.
  10.    #10  
    I have not tried copying stuff off the SD card yet. I will try that later. I wonder if this 1 gig PQI is still under warranty? I bought it from either ECost or NewEgg less than 6 months ago.
  11.    #11  
    I'm back up and running. I copied as much off the SD as I could using CardExport. Many of the files on the SD were corrupted and can't be copied. I the did a card format and copied everything back as well as installed the same apps that were on the card and all is well, at least for now.

What I really want to know is what caused the SD corruption and how to avoid it.