1. dlw
    I just purchased a new Treo 650 from my local Cingular store last Friday. It worked OK for a few hours for very brief calls. Later that day it started to auto reboot everytime it lost signal strength (Palm screen with the progress bar). Eventually the darn thing would reboot after less than 5 minutes of talk time, I saw it reboot no less than 5 times that day. In one last act of desperation, it locked up while displaying the Cingular splash screen, and no amount of depressing the power on button would reset it. I ended up leaving the phone home for the weekend, then charged it all night Sunday. By Monday morning, despite a full night of charging, the phone claimed there was 0 battery charge. I took it back to Cingular, who replaced it immediately with a brand new phone. This new phone hasnít exhibited any of the naughtiness of the old one, and seems to work fine.

Moral of the story:
    - Some Treos are lemons right out of the box
    - Buying the phone directly from my local Cingular store (vs buying online) saved me a lot of hassle.
    Good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlw
    ...Moral of the story:
    - Some Treos are lemons right out of the box
    - Buying the phone directly from my local Cingular store (vs buying online) saved me a lot of hassle.
    Amen to that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
    Second post after buying one, and it shut off permanently.

WTF?
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.