Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Google has added its local service to the previous XHTML services. You can now not only search the web and images, but can search local listings and get a map and directions.

http://www.google.com/xhtml

For example, search on "honda los angeles, ca" click local and search. You'll get a listing. You can then click on one of the results returned and get a map, plus you can then get directions.

Great alternative to DA (which I have found to be slow at times)

Chris
    I'm not familiar with the xhtml reference. How is that site different from the one the one that comes installed on the Treo (www.google.com/palm) other than the obvious image and local links? And is there a way to edit the Google bookmark?

Ivory...
  3.    #3  
    This is a different link. The one for palm is just a search. This one let's you do the google local. You can edit the google link (just edit your bookmarks in Blazer) or add a new link.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    I'm not familiar with the xhtml reference. How is that site different from the one the one that comes installed on the Treo (www.google.com/palm) other than the obvious image and local links? And is there a way to edit the Google bookmark?

Ivory...
    Yeah. Google is one of thw built in Blazer links that it won't let you edit, at least not easily. Seems like I've read a way here to edit it though.

Ivory...
    Unless I'm looking at something different, I can edit / delete the Google bookmark without problem.
    While on the bookmark screen
    Press "Menu" button
    From drop down menu select "edit bookmarks"
    From the next screen select the bookmark you want to edit
    The select the url and the entire address will pop up.
    Then edit.
    Hope this help.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    edit
    Last edited by NRG; 04/12/2005 at 09:35 PM.
    Editing the bookmarks like that works for everything EXCEPT the links for PalmOne and Google that came on Blazer by default. Those you can bring up the edit screen, but it won't let you actually select or change the URL, Name, etc. Am I missing something or is there a different way to edit those preinstalled links?

Ivory...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    While on the bookmark screen
    Press "Menu" button
    From drop down menu select "edit bookmarks"
    From the next screen select the bookmark you want to edit
    The select the url and the entire address will pop up.
    Then edit.
    Hope this help.
    LOL
    Actually this does not work with the Google bookmark in Blazer on my 650 (Sprint). The URL box is non-responsive if you try to select it while editing the bookmark. I can move the Google bookmark to another page within my bookmarks, but that's it. I am unable to change the Name, Description, URL, or Preview fields. All other bookmarks allow full editing.
  10.    #10  
    On the AT&T 650 phones this can be edited. At least on mine.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    edited fine on my Treo 650 from Cingular (Orange)
    If you can't edit the Google bookmark provided by palmOne, and you really want the new Google url bookmarked, I would add it as another bookmark. So you loose one bookmark field.

BTW: Can it be deleted?
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    BTW: Can it be deleted?
    Nope.
    I should have mentioned... mine is a Cingular (non-Orange?) 650. I can edit / delete the pre-installed Google bookmark without difficulty.
    Mine is Sprint 650. Can't edit, didn't try delete. I did move it and create the new one though.
    Its a great site. I posted another version of it under Utilities on my site.
    <center>Ultimate portal
    www.WebOnYourCell.com
    I agree, it's a great site - just like the normal Google site.

Of course, when I tried it in WebViewer, it came up blank, since WebViewer is pointed at Google in Canada. Anyone know how to get to US Google from Canada?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    To alter the built in links, just edit bookmarks.prc in Filez. Each record listed is a separate website.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    To alter the built in links, just edit bookmarks.prc in Filez. Each record listed is a separate website.
    jhoff80,
    Could you walk us through each step on fileZ. I've selected bookmark. Then edit and all I get are a series of numbers.

Tks in Advance
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    when you open filez go to blazer bookmark>menu button>edit>go through and look at each number 0-whatever until you find one that says google(off to the right)delete it and there is no more google , only google plus (well thats what i was calling it, now i can change it to just google)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast