1.    #1  
    We use Exchange at our company and I have setup IMAP. How are you setting up outgoing mail? We don't allow employees to send mail from outside the company but I need the guys to be able to send via their treo. Any tutorials on how to set this up so its not a spam relay?
    Depends on your carrier. Cingular does not officially provide an SMTP server. Some people have reported success using cmwx.com as an outgoing server, but some people say it doesnt work for them. You could setup your own domain on Valueweb.com which gives you an outgoing mail server, and use that. I am sure there are many other options, but these are the ones I know of.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Typically mail is sent smtp and received imap.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Typically mail is sent smtp and received imap.
    righty'o mate
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Yes, but they dont provide SMTP inside his company. His post said they dont allow outsiders to send mail through his server.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I use a fastmail.fm account for this - It gives me an IMAP-able personal mail account, plus I can setup an outgoing mail profile to send via their SMTP server, with my corporate (Exchange) email address as the return address - so it LOOKS to the recipient I'm sending email from within my exchange account. Works great. I'm using this setup with Chatter, but I suspect it will work with other IMAP clients that send via SMTP.

Paul
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Exchange 2003 supports authenticated, secure SMTP. It works well and won't let outsiders relay nor give them your passwords. It's not hard to setup on the Exchange server and MS has tutorials at support.microsft.com. Snappermail supports this, I use it with several clients tjat have Treos.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    The nice folks at SnapperMail have a web page which identifies the various SMTP options provided by the carriers: http://www.snappermail.com/support/isp.cfm

I'm on cingular, and cwmx.com works for me. I suspect that folks having trouble with it are trying to authenticate - it does not need a userid/password; as long as you're coming from a CW address, you're good to go.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I have it working on my server, however I can't send to external addresses, I can only send to internal addresses. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. I'm on Exchange 2003.
    You can't send to external addresses because your server is configured to deny relays (good) and it thinks you're a spammer (bad). You need to reconfigure the server to allow relaying from authenticated SMTP sources, and then set your client to log in with your id & pw for both IMAP and SMTP.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro