Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I tried with Versa mail and it is not working nad i ahve all the correct settings. Do i really need a blackberry for this? I hope not but I have have a week left before i can returns this so I may have to get the blackberry.

I'll try sprints business connect. Has anyone had any sucess with it?

Thanks!
    Biz Conn works fine with corporate Exchange servers. I responded to the other thread you posted about this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81212

Please try not to post the same question in multiple threads.
    I'm back!
    Corporate email is a SOFTWARE thing. It has very lil to do with hardware.
  4.    #4  
    Sprint Biz connect will not work with my corporate email as they will not allow the computer to be "always on" i called Sprint data and they told me that was the only option for getting my corporate email which will not work for my situation. What are you the tread nazi?? I am going to post another tread because I need to know NOW otherwise i have to return the Treo for a blackberry
    Why won't they let you leave it on? It has been documented that in most cases it is more energy efficient to leave machines on than to start them "all" each morning. Plus, we set our machines for auto updates at night, antivirus and operating system.
    Lyndon is right. It is all software. It is the policies of your company that prevent you from getting email on your treo.
  7.    #7  
    My computer at works times off after a few minutes. It's just the way they want it. When i called Sprint they said versamail had issues connecting with exchange servers and they didn't think there was any alternative for me. My company supports blackberrys but I am hoping not to go that direction if I don't have to.
    With TMo, I can access my work email via my Treo as long as your corporate email has the webmail activated.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    BizCon Enterprise Edition does not require your desktop be left on all the time. However, it does require an additional server resource similar to the BES server for BlackBerry. On the 650, using BCEE I get my message alerts on my Treo before my Outlook Inbox gets them. Very nice.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    What are you the tread nazi??
    No, just someone who is tired of the multiple threads asking the same question (how many have you opened now, 4?), and the fact that you didn't use the Search functionality to see if your question had already been answered before you started any of them.

Oh, and the fact that you didn't bother to read the responses to your first threads before you started new ones asking the same thing.

If you would've stuck with one thread you would've gotten your answer a lot faster, if speed was really your problem.
    I'm back!
    It's not that the Treo isn't meant for corp email ...... Biz Conn running on a desktop, Versamail, etc. doesn't meet corp email requirements - doesn't come close to BB with BES - it's not even a fair comparison (ie: Seven does make a server version which would be). Having said that we've implemented GoodLink for our growing band of Treo users who have given up their BB's .... it's been a rock solid solution for us .......
  12.    #12  
    Thanks that's probably my only real solution is to try the Good Link. I'm wondering though if I should give in to the fight and just get a blackberry and than a seperate phone line. If Good Link doesn't cost an arm and a leg I will try that becasue the other soltions that were suggested is not going to with with my corporattion.

Thanks!
    Thanks that's probably my only real solution is to try the Good Link. I'm wondering though if I should give in to the fight and just get a blackberry and than a seperate phone line. If Good Link doesn't cost an arm and a leg I will try that becasue the other soltions that were suggested is not going to with with my corporattion.

Thanks!
    PM me with your info and I will have someone contact you in regards to getting information and getting a trial started.
    I'm really disappointed in Goodlink. Apparently our IT people were trying it out and the service just wasn't there. I really wanted us to adopt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    I'm really disappointed in Goodlink. Apparently our IT people were trying it out and the service just wasn't there. I really wanted us to adopt it.
    What was the problem? You can PM so as not to hijack this thread.
    ....What are you the tread nazi??
    No, that would be your IT department. NO EMAIL FOR YOU!
    Are you trying to use ActiveSync with Exchange at work? Is Outlook Web Access available from off site?

If so, I found Versamail ActiveSync works GREAT, as long as your IT department has followed this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;817379

Since I'm the Systems Administrator in the IT department where I work...

Note: This isn't a Treo thing, it affects CE devices with ActiveSync as well.

The Exchange Server has to be running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 for this solution to work. Same problem exists if running on Windows 2000 Server, but there is no solution.

J
    Imgg ,

Try using Aileron Mail. Visit www.corsoft.com for more details.

Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help.

Mark
    Customer Care
    Corsoft Corporation
    Couple of points about VersaMail and ActiveSync:

"Together, the Treo 650 and GoodLink deliver the premier wireless messaging and data access solution for enterprise customers," said Ken Wirt, senior vice president, Worldwide Marketing, palmOne, Inc. "The combination of the Treo 650's vibrant display, increased connectivity with Bluetooth, 1xRTT and EDGE support and improved keyboard provide an enhanced user experience with greater flexibility. The Treo 650 empowers mobile professionals to stay better connected and be more productive, complemented by GoodLink's speedy performance and advanced IT management tools."

Secondly, ActiveSync is not push, it is scheduled pull. Also, from a security standpoint, ActiveSync requires and inbound hole into your firewall and does not provide remote erase for lost devices. No Global Address Lookup (GAL), no syncing of public folders, and it does not sync sent or deleted folders.

Overall, not an enterprise solution.
  20.    #20  
    Well, I think the problem is a firewall that my company has and not the software. I'm not sure if there is a way around this. Seems weird they would let me access email via a laptop and VPN but not with a mobile device.

Thanks for everyone's imput!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast