Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    Well, I think the problem is a firewall that my company has and not the software. I'm not sure if there is a way around this. Seems weird they would let me access email via a laptop and VPN but not with a mobile device.

Thanks for everyone's imput!
    Are you using VPN software on your treo? Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2.    #22  
    No, do I need to? I have no ide what I'm doing. I use VPN to log on to my corp email at home. Do you think VPN will work on my Treo? If so, what program should i try?

Thanks!
    Well, I think the problem is a firewall that my company has and not the software. I'm not sure if there is a way around this. Seems weird they would let me access email via a laptop and VPN but not with a mobile device.

Thanks for everyone's imput!
    If you can access your corporate email via laptop through VPN connection, you can access your email through your Treo as well through VPN connection as well. I access my corporate email via TMo's VPN connection, no additional software on my Treo. Response will be slow but expect that for dial up or GRPS connection.
  4.    #24  
    Great, is it easy to set up? i will do a google search and see what i can find. Thanks for the tip!!
  5.    #25  
    One more quick question- I'm on Sprint- does that matter? If you happen to have the link on the vpn that would be great too.

Thanks!
    I am not a Sprint user, perhaps KRamsauer can assist or other Sprint users. Does Sprint gives you an option to have VPN connection? I am not familiar with Sprint's wireless plans.

Anyway, to all: imgg needs VPN connection to access corporate email.

We know that the base Treo email are not really user recommended and currently imgg does not have the option to have a PC redirector (always on PC).

One question: is your company using MS Exchange and have they deployed webmail? If they do, you may not even need VPN.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    If you can access email with a laptop on VPN, you should be able to do the same thing with the Treo. Run Mergic or Movian VPN and use the settings in Outlook if you are doing IMap or Pop3 email. If these don't work you should still be able to use Veramail with Exchange Active sync within the VPN.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    One more quick question- I'm on Sprint- does that matter? If you happen to have the link on the vpn that would be great too.

Thanks!

I have been "sucessful" using Mergic VPN and I am on Sprint.

I use the VersaMail and ActiveSync. Is your company on Exchange 2003?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12