Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I've got a GMail account setup for my Treo and I have the default/included Mail program with the Treo 600 (PalmOne Mail v1.02a) setup to receive and send email. I can receive email from the account just fine. However, when I try to send mail, I get an error saying to check my server settings within the program.

According to Google's GMail settings, I need to have the following settings:

SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
    Username: myaccount@gmail.com
    Password: <password>
    Use SSL
    Use Port 587

I have the program set to "SSL required for SMTP", and have my username/password setup for the outgoing mail server. For outgoing mail server, I have smtp.gmail.com. I cannot find a place to specify a specific port for this (I have tried smtp.gmail.com:587 -- but this doesn't work). In my connection log, I get the following error for it:

Status: Unable to authenticate with smtp user - 5.7.0 Authentication Required

Has anyone gotten the included Mail cllient on the Treo 600 working with GMail? I know I can buy another mail client for the Treo, but I'm finding the "Now that you've bought the Treo, you need to spend another $100-$200 on software to get it usable" cycle a bit . . . disappointing.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    DrHogie
    Try 995 for Pop3, 465 for SMTP always secure (wrapped port)

Oops sorry Snappermail.

PalmMail v1.02a won't work with GMail Beta...
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 04/12/2005 at 01:07 PM.
    I had the same problem. In the "Mail" menu, go to the 'server' tab and put this in the outgoing (SMTP) server spot:

cwmx.com

Then, on 'advanced' tab, go ahead and UNcheck the 'SSL required for SMTP' box, and leave the username/password space here empty. Solved all my issues! Hope it helps...
    Are there any fees or annual subsciptions for using the palmOne mail?

I pay an annual fee for InBox to Go.

Tks
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 05/24/2005 at 07:43 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    Are there any fees or annual subsciptions for using the palmOne mail?

I pay an annual fee for InBox to Go.

Tks
    Are you sure? I think the fees are for data usage or ISP fees, I don't think any of the programs have annual fees. The included P1 program definitely doesn't, I used it until I decided I liked IMAP better and the included program didn't have it, so I switched to Chatter (which has a purchase fee, no annual fees). I tried Inbox to Go (it was included in Doc's to Go when I bought the latest version) but I didn't like it and deleted it, but I didn't see anything about annual fees (I'm sure I would have deleted it MUCH sooner if I noticed such a thing).
    The annual fee for Inbox to Go is $49.99.

Having said that, it is very reliable and I have seldom had any problems and works flawlessly w/Docs & Sheet to Go, you would expect.

Is there any annual fee for Snapper?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover