Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I have done a thread search, and although I have found reference to it I have not found a definitive answer.

    If I use the Treo 650 Stereo Headphone Adaptor with a standard 3.5mm stereo bud headphones (Sony) will I be able to listen to phone calls as well.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I have done a thread search, and although I have found reference to it I have not found a definitive answer.

    If I use the Treo 650 Stereo Headphone Adaptor with a standard 3.5mm stereo bud headphones (Sony) will I be able to listen to phone calls as well.
    Just a logical guess but I suppose if you answered the call on the Treo itself you'd likely be able to listen but could not be heard by the caller as there would be no microphone availble.

    If you instead purchase an adapter like the one Sedio sells that allows you to plug in your standard 3.5 mm headphones and provides a microphone, you'd then have the best of both worlds.
  3.    #3  
    I am presuming that I could use the handset microphone?

    I have read bad things about the Sedios, so I don't think I will go that option. If the adaptor doesn't work out it will only cost me about $6.00.
    Last edited by Aussie Joe; 04/12/2005 at 02:00 PM.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    I am presuming that I could use the handset microphone?

    I have read bad things about the Sedios, so I don't think I will go that option. If the adoptor doesn't work out it will only cost be about $6.00.
    My guess is once you plug in the adapter, the microphone will mute because the Treo is expecting to communcate via a headset?

    I do have the Sedio retractable w/over-ear headset and have had no problems with it......wish I had purchased the adapter as I am now using the Treo more consistently for MP3 player....
  5. #5  
    I do this all the time. YES your calls will come in stereo over your headphones, and yes you can talk into your phone like in speakerphone mode...It's GREAT! beats standard headset, and bluetooth headsets, except for the fact that you have to hold the phone, I communicate best on my T650 with my stero headphones.
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I do this all the time. YES your calls will come in stereo over your headphones, and yes you can talk into your phone like in speakerphone mode...It's GREAT! beats standard headset, and bluetooth headsets, except for the fact that you have to hold the phone, I communicate best on my T650 with my stero headphones.
    I stand corrected - see what happens when you assume
  7. ash1348's Avatar
    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    #7  
    I am using palm's adopter and when I have an incoming call, I can only hear the otherside through the headphone but the other side can not hear me. I know this is not the case with Treo 600, but some other people are having the same issue with T650. SoufSidah09, what kind of adapter are you using?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348
    I am using palm's adopter and when I have an incoming call, I can only hear the otherside through the headphone but the other side can not hear me. I know this is not the case with Treo 600, but some other people are having the same issue with T650. SoufSidah09, what kind of adapter are you using?
    I was using an no-name brand adapter I got for $2 at Radio Shack, and I could hear them perfectly through both ears, and they could hear me fine via the Treo mic. (and I didn't even have to hold it close at all)

    I am now using the Treo 650 Hybrid Headset, and I love it.
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348
    I am using palm's adopter and when I have an incoming call, I can only hear the otherside through the headphone but the other side can not hear me. I know this is not the case with Treo 600, but some other people are having the same issue with T650. SoufSidah09, what kind of adapter are you using?

    The palm adapter I bought from treocentral.com...remember you have to talk into your phone like you have it in speakerphone mode...standard headphones have NO mic...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

    "Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I do this all the time. YES your calls will come in stereo over your headphones, and yes you can talk into your phone like in speakerphone mode...It's GREAT! beats standard headset, and bluetooth headsets, except for the fact that you have to hold the phone, I communicate best on my T650 with my stero headphones.

    I just tried it with the palm adapter and my stereo headset and it works like a charm. Listen in stereo and talk in the phone. The caller said I sounded great.
  11. #11  
    So, the next question is, is ther a Y-adapter available so I can connect my headphone (or car casette adapter) into one side of Y and an external microphone into another side of Y and of course, common side into Treo?
    I know I can use Seidio two-in-one headphone, but I don't want the headphone part of that functionality - I intend to use my own headphone or plug it into car stereo casette adapter.

    This is just my idea of trying to make a cheap car kit.

    Thanks for any pointers.
  12. #12  
    The adapter that Treo2Die4 mentioned might do the trick, it's a 2.5mm jack at one end, and a 3.5mm socket + mic at the other. you could use a standard 3.5-3.5 stereo cable or casette adapter to connect to the car stereo, and I would think the Seidio mic would be sensitive enough to use in the car.

    I have the adapter, which is very good, but haven't tried this setup yet (recovering from a broken leg, so no driving!)
    Gav
    -------
    Palm V -> Vx -> Tungsten|T -> Treo650
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasher
    The adapter that Treo2Die4 mentioned might do the trick, it's a 2.5mm jack at one end, and a 3.5mm socket + mic at the other. you could use a standard 3.5-3.5 stereo cable or casette adapter to connect to the car stereo, and I would think the Seidio mic would be sensitive enough to use in the car.

    I have the adapter, which is very good, but haven't tried this setup yet (recovering from a broken leg, so no driving!)
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the way Seidio adapter is made (with a builtin Microphone), it does not work for me. I would like to place the microphone on my sun visor and plug the audio output into my car radio (using casette adapter or direct connection). With seidio adaper design, I am forced to put the adapter on the visor, but then the pullout cord is not long enough to reach where treo is.
  14. #14  
    You could get an extension cord at Radio Shack for about 3 bucks.
  15. #15  
    Is there any way to buy the Palm adapter in a brick and mortar store somewhere?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Is there any way to buy the Palm adapter in a brick and mortar store somewhere?
    i got mine at the palm store.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

    ----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650

Posting Permissions