1.    #1  
    i did a search about this and did not find anything regarding this subject. i found spalsh screens which is really cool,but what i want to know is if it is possible to customize the "sprint" name in the upper-left corner of the phone app itself....is this possible?? i havent seen anything on any "treo" sites addressing this subject.....please help....thanx!!
    On the GSM 650s, that name is retrieved from the phone service tower. I would be very surprised if there was a way to munge it in the Sprint version.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    On the GSM 650s, that name is retrieved from the phone service tower. I would be very surprised if there was a way to munge it in the Sprint version.
    I'm not 100%, but I believe this is accurate. Not only does it say "Sprint", but it changes to "Roaming" as well.

I don't see how this could be changed.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just a guess but what about messing with the PRL, and jut change what gets displayed maybe. otherwise it should be part of the phone code
    I remember seeing posts a while back on how to do this on the 600, maybe you can search their forum for ideas.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    I apologize if I'm just being stupid about this, but why would you want to? What possible benefit would you get?

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I apologize if I'm just being stupid about this, but why would you want to? What possible benefit would you get?

Tom
    Probably because it would be 2 kEwL...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    On a SPRINT 650, you can change the Sprint banner to whatever you like ONLY with a serial cable and Kyocer Chameleon software.

I changed mine when I converted it to Verizion.

It will still showing Roaming in the upper left when needed though.

If you don't have a serial cable already, I can't see you going out to buy one just to change the banner though.