1.    #1  
    Play No-Limit Texas Hold'em in this stunning new poker game for Palm and PocketPC. Multiplayer Championship Poker is the first PDA poker game to feature Bluetooth multiplayer. Play 1 on 1 against friends, take on multiple AI opponents together, or play against up to 29 AI's in Single Player mode.

Customize the game features, including speed, sound, play faster after fold, AI level, the sex of your character, and more. Track your players statistics and earnings. Also included with the game is our FREE Texas Hold'em Strategy Guide, to help both beginners and experienced players improve their game, on and offline.

check here www.toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    anyone get the "Try" link to actually work here?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    anyone get the "Try" link to actually work here?
    try it now. the filename was changed that is why it didnt work.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    This program is nearly unusable on my Treo 600 - I can't make out the cards!

It looks great for hi-res, but to say this is a fit for the Treo 600 is a stretch. Also, the filesize is enormous - 800+kb! Yikes.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    This program is nearly unusable on my Treo 600 - I can't make out the cards!

It looks great for hi-res, but to say this is a fit for the Treo 600 is a stretch. Also, the filesize is enormous - 800+kb! Yikes.
    Yes. it looks very good in hires. You can put in on the card. the size is mainly due to the hires gfx.
    I have a couple initial comments about this game. I will preempt this by saying I am a big fan of Hold'em High. The only thing I don't really like about Hold'em High is that you can only play single table tournaments and that the rounds are way too fast. Each round should be at least 10 hands.

Only having a demo version of Play No-Limit Texas Hold'em I can only give a couple comments. First, the game play is horribly slow. It takes about 10 seconds from the time I press the deal button until the hand is actually ready to begin. I know the title of the game has No-Limit in it, but it would be nice if you could play Single Table limit games. A game selector with different fixed structures would be fun. Poker is not all about No Limit. Also it appears that the game does not have single table tournaments which I am a huge fan of.

I am debating on whether or not to register this game. I am flying out to Vegas tomorrow and would like to have something else to play around with
    I tried this game. I am not a poker player but after playing this, want to become one.

The graphics look pretty good on the Treo 600, but yes, the numbers and suites are hard to read. You can read them, but they are a bit blurry. I bet it would look great on a hi-res.

As far as the speed, I thought it was pretty good. You can adjust the speed, not sure if that adjusts the deal speed though.

When you purchase this game, you have to e-mail them for a registration. That is not really cool.

When you purchase this game, you also get TapMania for free, so that is decent.

One thing I forgot to say. You can use this game on the Treo with only the D-pad and the buttons beside it. You don't have to use the stylus.

Overall, for an amatuer poker player and not really big on card games on my palm, this is pretty addictive.
    Last edited by gapost; 04/14/2005 at 09:36 AM.
    The size of the cards needs to be bigger. Otherwise its a good game, judging from the demo. I would consider a purchase if the cards were easier to read. I cant distinguish suits or numbers often.
    There are 5-10 Texas Hold'em software programs.

Which one is 'Best'?

Do a search on wwww.palmgear for full listing (I searched texas).
    Hey guys,
    I've been playing this for two days and wanted to add my comments:
    - I agree the cards are a little small, even for my 650. I sometimes can't distinguish quickly between a spade and club
    - I agree the dealing has to be faster. The game speed is fine (since you can adjust it), but the cards should be dealt rapid-fire in like 2 seconds to the whole table.
    - I would like a helpful feature added to the window that appears when you Raise your bet. Usually the window has a raise amount already in it, which I might want to raise in increments of ten. Instead of having to delete the existing number, I'd much prefer a button that lets me "Increase by 10" and "Decrease by 10"

All in all, a good game; very well designed

I should add - this is the first hold em game i've downloaded/played on my treo, so I cannot compare to others.
    Actually, just did some additional research on Smiley88 and toysoft and found some disturbing customer service issues. Just wanted to make the rest of you aware if you haven't checked out the other forums. The search feature is your friend.
    sage advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    Actually, just did some additional research on Smiley88 and toysoft and found some disturbing customer service issues. Just wanted to make the rest of you aware if you haven't checked out the other forums. The search feature is your friend.
    If there is a bug don't expect a comment from him ever, I have never seen him comment on any bugs with his product and I have personally asked him in multiple threads where he pitched his products and he totally ignores my questions as well as other members of
    Treocentral.

He will however answer questions not dealing with bugs and anything pertaining to the sale of his product, BUYER BEWARE!!!!!
    Been playing this for about a week now. Regardless of the customer support, this is a very nice game. Yes, the cards are hard to read on the 600, don't know about the 650. However, I put this on my T2 and the graphics are beautiful. Some of the best I have seen in a card game. So maybe it is not designed for a 600, but overall it is a good program. Just have to talk my boss into letting me get a 650 from Verizon.
    deleted
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    IMHO, it's not a bad game, but there are too many quirks for me to buy it.

Nice graphics, good controls (no stylus needed).

Cons: predictable AI, bad chip management (bets immediately added to pot, blind amts not always visible, blinds posted after deal, etc).

If you're actually going to use rhe BT, this may be the game for you. It's definitely better than Hold 'em High, but I'm looking for better AI and chip mgmt. Checking out Aces NL HE now.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I've tried the realdice play no limit hold'em. I deleted it after a couple of hours.

I prefer Dataviz's Hold'em High game: http://www.dataviz.com/products/holdemhigh/index.html

The graphics are nice, the cards aren't hard to see and the interface for playing is just a little nicer, imho