1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of an app that would let me use the 650 in landscape mode?
    I found this. but it says it only works for the sonys.
    Isn't the screen square? What advantage would landscape mode offer on a treo 650?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Lol.
    Several of us that us the wireless keyboards are trying to do this. So far no luck.

The screen is square, but when on a flight, it is more stable lying on its side on the keyboard than it is standing upright. Plus, you can plug in your headset and listen to mp3's and still be able to type.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Isn't the screen square? What advantage would landscape mode offer on a treo 650?
    It would be easier to mount in my car sideways.

I thought this would be simple. I guess I was wrong.
    hmm, it was possible in earlier models. I had a 270 and used an ir keyboard that came with software that would flip the screen in any direction.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I too would love this for my add on keyboard. Based on what I've read, it might not be that hard, but I don't think anyone who's interested has the skills to make it happen. Sadly it's been way too many years since I've programmed.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Seems like a software vendor issue. EReader for example will display upside down, sideways whatver you wnt...if they can do it, I imagine anyone else could.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Seems like a software vendor issue. EReader for example will display upside down, sideways whatver you wnt...if they can do it, I imagine anyone else could.
    It's true. Since vendors can, it doesn't seem that it would be too hard to do.

But it's got to be a system fix. If you notice, on ereader, the screen rotates, but the menus don't. To really make this work, you need a system fix that will rotate everything... system display stuff and application display stuff.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I tried the T3 drivers that were on the CD install for my Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard but they did not work. Since Palm has offered drivers for the T3, that would tell me they are aware and there this should be able to be done without a great deal of diffuculty on Palm's part.