1.    #1  
    everytime I tap 1 on the touchpad the phone resets. i can hit on on the keyboard fine. A ##377# reveals it is due to a fatal error in the "phone". what is causing this? what should I do?
  2.    #2  
    Now the whole thing crashed - it has to be something with the network connection. It went into a loop and I did a warm reset. I tried to do a soft reset then to turn the phone back on and it went into a loop. I tired to do a restore of the whole thing using backupbuddy and when it got to the network files it just reset and went back into a loop. What is going on? I had this problem last week and wiped up my entire treo (except for the contacts/memo and installed all of the programs back on. Now, it went back to the same thing.

anyone know what I should do? I hate my treo now and want my old sanyo back.
    That is an odd error.

Extreme measure is to hard reset and start over. Considering it is the beginning of the week I myself would probably just bite the bullet and do it. Backupbuddy is obviously restoring whatever conflict is causing your issue, so I would reccomend re-installing each app one at a time.

The other option is to just get a ppc!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  4.    #4  
    yeah...i have almost had it wirh treos. i tried reinstalling everything from scratch last week and it did the same thing. It has to be something in the internal network files because those were causing it to loop last time I tried to restore, some maybe it is the actual hardware?

i called sprint and spoke with a tech who told me to bring it in and they'll look at it. but i know what is going to happen - they will hard reset and it will work fine w/o any programs loaded on and they'll say there's nothing wrong.
    If it works fine with no programs loaded, then there is something being loaded that is causing the conflict. You are going to have to narrow it down by trial and error. What apps do you have loaded? Perhaps you can try with the safer ones first (no launchers or "background" running programs or hacks) and do checkpoint backups with BBVFS. Then, install each of those one at a time and do a checkpoint backup and run it to see which one is causing the problem.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6.    #6  
    yeah...actually launcherX has been the result of a few resets lately (##377#). but I love that program (and paid for it!)....

I didn't know lauchers were what big of a deal...
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    yeah...actually launcherX has been the result of a few resets lately (##377#). but I love that program (and paid for it!)....

I didn't know lauchers were what big of a deal...
    Well, its not necesarilly Launcher's fault, but in your process of narrowing down the cause launchers and other similar programs are a good idea to leave out. It may be someone else is stepping on Launcher. It may be the combination of Launcher with something else. But, if you remove Launcher and the phone works, you've at least narrowed it down sufficiently to know its not the Treo hardware.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  8.    #8  
    Plus...I never had one problem with launcherX on my other treo650 (which I replaced thru lockline b/c the side button fell off - weird, I know)