Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    and there are new updated powermacs with OS 10.4 coming out tomorrow:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1027
    Well, I am a proud Mac user. I have a PowerMac G5 (dual processor) as well as a PowerBook. By far, the Mac is a sophisticated system in terms of hardware and software. It is reliable and has worked almost flawlessly.

That said, can someone tell me why the code writers for such a sophisticed machine cannot prepare a conduit that actually works well? So, Apple wants us to use iCal, AddressBook etc. However, after all this time, one still can't cannot get the event locations transferred when synchronizing with a Palm PDA. And even more disturbing, the existing Apple conduit moves a contact's home address to the work address on my Treo 650.

I'm trying to figure why Apple would upgrade iSync - yea, the whole OS - without correcting this known problem. Do you think this is Apple's way of getting us to either use the iPod (I believe it syncs all the info) or using the .Mac service? I use Entourage 2004 and the conduit does a better job. I'm disappointed that Apple did not address this. Just a bit of ranting!
    David
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Bummer, I was very excited to install Tiger tonight when I get home in hopes that iSync would actually sync properly w/ my Treo (i.e. categories, location field, addresses etc.) I as well am very disappointed they have not addressed these issues that have plagued iSync since it's conception.

I guess I'll continue to use Entourage instead of the bundled apps (iCal, Address Book, and Mail)

Actually, now that I think about it, I took the time to write Apple the middle of last year regarding the "flaws" that I found in iSync, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Yeah, what a bummer
    Archie -- not sure about syncML, but according to the iSync compatible devices page, the Series 60, SonyEricsson smartphones (Symbian), and the Sendo can sync "address book pictures," while the Treo can't. I'm not sure of the exact capabilities that this implies -- you probably know better than I do.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12