1.    #1  
    I've done a search through the forums and I can't seem to find a thread like this one.

I'd like to know if anybody has an unlocked GSM T650, and has NO problems with the handset volume. And if so, what the firmare and software revisions are.

I'm trying to figure out if this is common with ALL the unlocked GSM phones, or if a select few are satisfied - and if so, maybe there's a revision of the software without this problem.

Please forgive me if this HAS been discussed before, if so - can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks everybody.

Ryan
    (who is debating on whether or not to get rid of his 650 and return to the 600)
    Ryan, I believe that the problem is very common. I have now had four (yes 4) Treo 650's sent to me from P1 and none of them have decent earpiece and speakerphone volumes. My original unit has 1.04/1.15 firmware/ROM and all replacement units had 1.05/1.16. Neither version works properly.

The best part of all this is that P1 'corporate relations' (P1's internal support people, not their outsourced call center people) said yesterday they were not aware of a problem with earpiece or speakerphone on the 650's!! Can you believe that? They wouldn't give me a refund either because I am outside the 30 day refund period even though I requested my first replacement inside the 30 day window. P1 is playing with fire and we all know what happens when you play with fire. This isn't a small problem. The main element of the product does not work properly.
    This has been discussed in a few other threads but here goes...

I have the 650 unlocked GSM and I no longer have the volume issue. I have firmware 1.15; software 1.06. I read this on another post and thought it was crazy but it actually worked for me. If you open Real Player and adjust the volume to 100%, you should hear a noticeable difference. I had to actually turn the volume down when talking on my headset, whereas before I could barely hear the other person if I was driving.

I guess a firmware fix could take care of this one.
    I have also been through 4 unlocked 650's. The Real Player option hasn't worked on all four 650's I have had. The way I see it you have two options; 1) send it back and go back to your 600, 2) live with it and wait for a firmware fix.

I am actually going to try the bluetooth headset (HBH-660) route.