Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    In addressbook I have "+9" infront of all phone numbers.
    e.g : +90537355443 instead of 0537355443

    Now I want to remove all "+9" in front of all numbers.
    is there a simple way of doing this without loosing any other phonebook data such as birthdays, photos and else ?

    I thought of exporting , editing in text and importing but then I shall lose all ther phonebook data.
    ???
  2. #2  
    Cant you just edit them on the palm desktop then sync (change your settings if it is set to handheld overwrites desktop, oh and when you change it select default for it to take effect on the next sync).
    hope this helps
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    that's a way of doing it but then I have to edit 400-500 contacts each containing at least 2 numbers.
    I need a bulk update...
  4. #4  
    I haven't tested any of this but I'm going to guess it would probably work OK:

    1) Do this all from the desktop ... not from the T650

    2) BACKUP YOUR DATA

    3) Select all names in the Contacts view, File Export and use a CSV format
    3a) Delete all the names in the contacts view (that's why you backed up)
    3b) Hotsync to delete the names from the PDA

    4) Write a short spif in C or VBA to search and replace "+9" with "" (make sure you're careful that it's in the phone number field).
    Note: If you can't program, instead of this, load the data into Excel and do a search for "+9" replacing with "" only in the phone number fields. Then resave the data as a CSV.

    5) Load all the names back into the database

    6) Hotsync
  5.    #5  
    that should work. but from my previous experiences I know that it makes you lose data if you have multiple mobile, work etc. numbers and other data like birthday as well.

    anyway I had to do it manually for all contacts. it took me an hour...
  6. #6  
    i did it in Excel for 5,000 contacts and probably 20,000 phone numbers. it was just a case of export out, search/replace then import in, but be sure to keep a backup. took me about 20 minutes.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    i did it in Excel for 5,000 contacts and probably 20,000 phone numbers. it was just a case of export out, search/replace then import in, but be sure to keep a backup. took me about 20 minutes.
    you didn't get the point...
    if you export the contacts to a CSV file (or ABA) you lose some information like "contact photo" , "birthday" etc.
    And if some contacts have more than one Mobile or Work number, they do not match right...
    anyway, if it works for you, fine
  8. #8  
    all the fields matched for me. no errors at all. Didnt have photo's or birthdays so cant comment on that.

Posting Permissions