Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought the Treo 650 in hopes i could get my corporate email via my treo. I set up my comcast mail on versa mail which was a breeze but I am having problems getting my exchange server from work set up. any suggestions? i would hate to return this for a blackberry which my company supports. Do I need another program to set up the corporate email?

Thanks!
    You might search for the Sprint Business Connection. I think it is a mail redirector that you install and run on your work PC. If you dont want to do that, you can forward your work email to a fastmail account and then run chatter to access it via IMAP.
    These seem to be the most professional IMO.

Snappermail

Alieron

Others swear by Chattermail, link is under Developers I think.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just use versamail with our exchange server, and it works pretty well. The only problem I have had is with a few odd appointments that caused versamail to crash until I updated those appointments. If your company supports webmail access through the exchange server it is very easy to setup. Just enter the address for the webmail in the server section when setting up versamail account and everything works fine. There are better options, but try versamail for awhile before you try anything else.
    Chatter email !!!
    Arsman,

I'm having problems with VersaMail crashing when opening my Corp account in VersaMail - can't pin it down, but I could see how it could be event related - how were you able to trouble shoot which events were causing the problem?
    Arsman,
    Do you have it set up as an IMAP or POP account? What do you use for SMTP?

Any more details on your setup?
    I thought exchange servers were able to support both imap/imaps and pop/pops. If so, you should be able to get your corporate email using any one of the programs. Ask your support people what protocols they are supporting.

look at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=58218

for a discussion of Exchange 2003 setup for Chatter
    It also depends if your Exchange Server is behind a firewall. If so, and you don't want to run a VPN, then the Sprint Business Connection works quite well. It is relatively "real" time. Every now and then I have a delay of a couple of minutes.
    We are behind a firewall, and i am using mergic VPN, which seems to work to an extent....i'm just concerned with the amount of extra time it will need to be "signed on" to Vision so i'll lose incoming phone calls.
    Any chance of your IT folks looking at GoodLink as a solution?
    Nope....i've been told again and again that they will not change the corporate policy or structure. They use BES and seem to be happy with it. I'm the minority trying to use the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Nope....i've been told again and again that they will not change the corporate policy or structure. They use BES and seem to be happy with it. I'm the minority trying to use the Treo.
    Had to give it a shot

Get all the Treo users together and gang-up on IT.
    Unfortunately, "ALL" of the Treo users amounts to 2 of us out of about 900.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Any chance of your IT folks looking at GoodLink as a solution?
    Yes, as a matter of fact they are. i work for a large International company and i was told my company is going to buy us BB's but I didn't want to wait so I jumped the gun and bought the Treo. I was told they were buying a program that will intergrate with salesforce.com and I assume they were refferring to goodlink. Who knows when and if they will do this and I need something to get my corp mail now. I may check out the sprint business connect if i can't get versa mail to work.
  16.    #16  
    Doesn't goodlink also work with blackberry's or am I mistaken?
    I was using Symmetry Pro to get my corporate mail (they were using Blackberries only), but as of March 31, 2005, Symmetry Pro discontinued their service. It so happened that my company just set up a GoodLink server. But the application they wanted me to download to my Treo to get the corporate emails takes up too much space for the paltry memory of my 650 (while SymPro fit on there fine). I think it's 4M in size.

Somehow it just occured to me that I can probably use some other program to get the emails that's smaller. And seeing as how Versamail has been incredibly irritating (i.e., it freezes on making connections frequently and won't let me hit cancel until it disconnects itself after 2 MINUTES), does anyone have any suggestions? I.e., a good but small program that will let me get corporate email off a goodlink server? Thanks.

I'll go check out snapper and chatter meanwhile.
    imgg: yes, goodlink works with blackberries. only a few of us here have treos. the rest have blackberries, and they're still working since the switch over to goodlink.
    If they upgrade to Exchange Server 2003, there is a built in client that will allow the server to talk with apps like Versamail. Look at Dataviz.com and see what they have to say. I know they bought the licensing, or something to that nature, that would enable access with Exchange Server 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    Doesn't goodlink also work with blackberry's or am I mistaken?
    An Older version of GoodLink (read: less functional) works on the older Mobitext BB.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast