Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by imgg
    Yes, as a matter of fact they are. i work for a large International company and i was told my company is going to buy us BB's but I didn't want to wait so I jumped the gun and bought the Treo. I was told they were buying a program that will intergrate with salesforce.com and I assume they were refferring to goodlink. Who knows when and if they will do this and I need something to get my corp mail now. I may check out the sprint business connect if i can't get versa mail to work.
    If they are using Blackberry, it isn't a Good Technology product they are looking at for SF.com integration. We do, however, offer a product that does allow access to SF.com (and other apps) through the Treo and PPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    I was using Symmetry Pro to get my corporate mail (they were using Blackberries only), but as of March 31, 2005, Symmetry Pro discontinued their service. It so happened that my company just set up a GoodLink server. But the application they wanted me to download to my Treo to get the corporate emails takes up too much space for the paltry memory of my 650 (while SymPro fit on there fine). I think it's 4M in size.

Somehow it just occured to me that I can probably use some other program to get the emails that's smaller. And seeing as how Versamail has been incredibly irritating (i.e., it freezes on making connections frequently and won't let me hit cancel until it disconnects itself after 2 MINUTES), does anyone have any suggestions? I.e., a good but small program that will let me get corporate email off a goodlink server? Thanks.

I'll go check out snapper and chatter meanwhile.
    The only way to access email from a GoodLink server is via the GoodLink client. As for memory issues, recommendations I can make are to move some apps (GoodLink not being one of them) to the SD card. Docs2Go, for example, freed up up about 4MB of space when I moved it to the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    If they upgrade to Exchange Server 2003, there is a built in client that will allow the server to talk with apps like Versamail. Look at Dataviz.com and see what they have to say. I know they bought the licensing, or something to that nature, that would enable access with Exchange Server 2003.
    You are referring to ActiveSync. EXTREMELY limited functionality and a security liabilty on several different fronts.
    Good: My 128 MB card is en route, but I don't have it yet, and it's killing me that I have to carry around both my Treo and a blackberry (which I've been able to do without for the past two years). Is there anything I could do as a stop-gap measure? I.e., could I get Good to forward messages to another account for now and then retrieve them from there?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    Good: My 128 MB card is en route, but I don't have it yet, and it's killing me that I have to carry around both my Treo and a blackberry (which I've been able to do without for the past two years). Is there anything I could do as a stop-gap measure? I.e., could I get Good to forward messages to another account for now and then retrieve them from there?

Hmmm...Only thing I can think of as short term fix would be to write a rule in Outlook to have emails forwarded to a POP account and use another email app for the time being. Not the cleanest, most efficient way to do things, but may work.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    All the problems I had with appointments were with recurring appointments generated in either Outlook or Entourage (Mac). I noticed that many of my birthdays synced incorrectly with the Treo (set to a custom repeating appointment instead of yearly). When you set up an Exchange account in versamail, then all the appointments on the treo are deleted in favor of the Exchange appointments. Once that is done, I am able to add new appointments on the Treo, in Outlook, or Entourage and everything works fine, AS LONG AS I don't try and edit those recurring appointments on the Treo. If I try and change a recurring event on the treo, then I start getting resets. That means you can't even add a category to a recurring event on the Treo.

This is actually a Microsoft problem since they haven't updated their conduits to deal with the newer Palm handhelds.

For me everything works pretty well and I haven't been getting any resets with Versamail since the upgrade after I found the appointments that were causing problems, and this is with heavy corporate use with lots of excel and picture attachments.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12