Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok I do NOT advise this but I swear it HELPED me.

I've been batting one problem after another with my 650.
    Across carriers, I'm about to receive my 7th one tomorrow (it's my 2nd unlocked Palmone GSM one though).

After I found out they were sending me a replacement, I got pissed one day when it locked up so I slammed the hell out of it on my foam mousepad.

I swear ever since I did that, I haven't had any resets or freezes. The only issues I have now are the screen randomly turning on and the speaker/volume issues.

Maybe I should look for a hammer....
    Uh...yeah. What this really tells me is how upsetting the 650 can be when it doesnt work ;-)
    After 2, I'd have quit. There's no way I'd go through 7 phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    After 2, I'd have quit. There's no way I'd go through 7 phones.
    Maybe a 650 owner can start a "How many T650 phones have you gone through" Poll?
    I agree with Lady Treo, 2 would have been my limit - you must really be addicted.

On a serious note, there's a thread around here that claims it could be bad baterry fit that causes the resets and other random problems - maybe your WWF treatment fixed that....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    "Electronics and You: The Zen of Beating the **** Out of Things."
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    As far as your speaker volume problem, I have seen someone suggest adjusting the volume in Real Player up to 100%.

I have and unlocked GSM and use a SE HB-65. I experienced low volume on the phone, speaker-phone and headset. I cranked up the volume in Real Player and I had to turn the volume down when talking on my headset. It sounds crazy but it worked for me. This gives me hope that a firmware update could fix the problem.
    I'd love to get this thing working as it should be, the hardware is fantastic.

Please say something about it at www.treo650update.com

Thanks!
    Sounds like a modern-day variation on the "Fonzarelli fix." Heyyyyyyy!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    You guys are ALL TOO YOUNG to remember this one, but in the ancient days when televisions had vacuum tubes (yes, those funny looking, oversize, upside down test tubes with wires in them), you could "test" for the bad tube when the tv died by lightly tapping the tubes in the back of the tv to see which ones made the screen flicker - then you'd take them down to Radio Shack for a real test on the tube tester.

Ah....the good old days.....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You guys are ALL TOO YOUNG to remember this one
    Not all. But that does make me wonder how the "instant-on" generation would react if they had to let their PDA warm up for a couple of minutes before they wanted to use it.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Maybe a 650 owner can start a "How many T650 phones have you gone through" Poll?
    Been done. Most are still on their first.

And after about 2 I'd have dumped the T650 too.

One post here looks like a post I've seen them continue posting over and over again on this board. They continue to SPAM this board with "sign my petition" and it sure would be nice if they paid for some ad space, since this board has become their personal SPAM dump .
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Not all. But that does make me wonder how the "instant-on" generation would react if they had to let their PDA warm up for a couple of minutes before they wanted to use it.
    I just wish my T650 had Horizontal and Vertical hold knobs .

And sometimes a bang on the TV would set a loose tube straight .
    OH MY GOD. Treobeard, I love you. I'm on my third 650, and the fourth is already en route. The volume on my headset has always been less than half the volume on my 600, even at maximum. I just went into real player (which I've never opened or used before) and raised the volume to maximum (it was on a very low setting), and it raised the volume DRAMATICALLY. It's still not as loud as the 600, but it's louder than it was! I'm swooning I'm so happy. What a breakthrough! I could kill tech support for never suggesting this. Think someone should create a new post about this? Or maybe I should search for some of the volume issue posts already? Or does everyone know this but me?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FYI - When I say the "headset" volume has been too low, I mean the internal speaker in my Treo. The earbud volume has always been VERY high (almost too loud for comfort).
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhyte
    Think someone should create a new post about this?
    If there is no thread about it already (probably not) then make one for the benefit of others .
    I tried playing with the RealPlayer volume and checking my call volume on my Sprint T650. It did not notice any difference, but I was not having any issues. Maybe this is a GSM thing?
    Wasn't that one of the complaints of the GSM version?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    You guys are ALL TOO YOUNG to remember this one, but in the ancient days when televisions had vacuum tubes (yes, those funny looking, oversize, upside down test tubes with wires in them), you could "test" for the bad tube when the tv died by lightly tapping the tubes in the back of the tv to see which ones made the screen flicker - then you'd take them down to Radio Shack for a real test on the tube tester.

Ah....the good old days.....
    It's just so funny you should say that. I work for Radioshack (Seven years now) and I trained under two of the most tenured managers in the company. One has twenty five years (IN THE SAME STORE ), the other has, wait for it, wait for it...FORTY FIVE YEARS . No that wasn't a typo. He was actually hired by the Deustchman Brothers BEFORE Charles Tandy bought the company. If you ever heard the two of them get together.
    "When we young..."
    "Confound these new gidgets..."
    "We made all our money the HONEST way! Selling TV tubes!"
    I almost snorted Gatorade through my nose when you wrote that!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast