Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Darnell: I just posted it (as an update to another thread about the issue). It'll be interesting to see if other GSM users find it helpful. To my understanding, I haven't read about any Sprint users with this problem, so it does seem to be a GSM issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    It's just so funny you should say that. I work for Radioshack (Seven years now) and I trained under two of the most tenured managers in the company. One has twenty five years (IN THE SAME STORE ), the other has, wait for it, wait for it...FORTY FIVE YEARS . No that wasn't a typo. He was actually hired by the Deustchman Brothers BEFORE Charles Tandy bought the company. If you ever heard the two of them get together.
    "When we young..."
    "Confound these new gidgets..."
    "We made all our money the HONEST way! Selling TV tubes!"
    I almost snorted Gatorade through my nose when you wrote that!
    I EARNED the right to use a crank phone as my avatar. As a young Packers fan in the north woods in 1961, we actually had a "party line" for phone service. Run that one past your old buddies!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I wonder if I'm the only one around here who emigrated with his parents on an ocean liner?
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I EARNED the right to use a crank phone as my avatar. As a young Packers fan in the north woods in 1961, we actually had a "party line" for phone service. Run that one past your old buddies!
    I did, and they said "manual or operator assisted?"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5.    #25  
    So I just got my replacement unlocked gsm 650 today.
    This one's volume DOES work, thank God. I've talked on it only a few times today as it got here late this afternoon.

After the very first hot synch I did, it did the standard reset. After it reset, it was on the phone screen, with Phone off. So I turned the phone ON. Right after the ding ding sound (and white Treo screen), the phone reset again. Now, it did not go into a reset loop, like some ppl have reported--it was fine after that.
    The error log just shows
    A reset was caused while running Phone. Fatal Exception.

So far, no other resets. Tomorrow will be its first day of real use though.

So, this is quite an improvement over the other 650's I've had.

However I'm sorry to say that this one also does the random power on thing. I'm going to do the same experimenting with this one, to see if something will make it stop doing that (disable local network time, etc).

Just wanted to post a happy thought for once!

I'm beginning to think the real reason it's called the 650 is because that's how many I'll have go through before I get a working one
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12