Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Confused? What's the Software? (Auto GK) to convert? What player (IMO) or (Kinoma) (?)
    I've followed the Kinoma vs mmplayer debate on TC for a long time now, but the sheer hassle/blackart of successfully converting movies for the Treo turned me off ever trying either of these products. Then BetaPlayer comes along - I decided to try it out after reading this thread.
    I copied a 268MB AVI onto my Sandisk Ultra 2 card, fired up BetaPlayer and to my amazement - the results are amazing. Despite being a 624x252 AVI, BetaPlayer handles it no problem.
    Smooth and clear video with none of the hassle!
    Wow, this is amazing. It played every AVI I threw at it. Very impressive! I'll be keeping tabs on this one, I hope they eventually add mpg, wmv and QT support.

For the time being I am happy with Kinoma EX, especially since it can play QTVR movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Wow, this is amazing. It played every AVI I threw at it. Very impressive! I'll be keeping tabs on this one, I hope they eventually add mpg, wmv and QT support.
    ? It already plays mpg
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Betaplayer works great with avi files. Dropping small avi's like tv shows is very easy. The only problem is when trying to convert a DVD to avi format. AutoGK was really poor quality and pocketdivx was a bit better, but not very good. pqdvd seems to be the best and is the closest to the recode quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    ? It already plays mpg
    Really? It didn't see mine.
    I'll take a closer look. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Really? It didn't see mine.
    I'll take a closer look. Thanks!
    Funny thing is, mine didn't see an avi I tried ?
    It's still in alpha testing, so there will be funny bugs like this
    Thought of the day :
    I've used Auto GK in the past and always had good quality results. Do you follow the instructions on their site? (and make the AVI a set width of 320)
    Quote Originally Posted by handtruck
    I've used Auto GK in the past and always had good quality results. Do you follow the instructions on their site? (and make the AVI a set width of 320)
    Yes. It came out okay but just didn't look as good as PocketDivx and much worse than Recode.

Right now it looks like Recode 2 and Kinoma are the best for watching DVDs and Betaplayer is the best for watching AVIs.
    It plays my .ogg files as well
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Version .63 is out (http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53). Includes preamp, preferences for audio/video, slider to move ahead in the movie. Picard is moving very fast on this one. Works great on my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    It plays my .ogg files as well
    This also made me rejoice -- I'd love to have just one app for both video and music (a reliable one). TCPMP looks sooo promising. Time to check out version .63 now...
    It also has the ability to play ogm files, which is basically the same as avi, except it has ogg audio. (Xvid or Divx video, ogg audio)
    .63 plays Nero Recode mp4/aac files! They don't look as good as in Kinoma and the audio doesn't sync as well as Kinoma or sound as good, but this thing is progressing rapidly.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Plays my non DRM'd AAC audio files too!
    The link is dead ... does anyone have another link so I can try this out.
    it just doesn't play the videos the treo creates! well it plays them but doesn't support the audio codec- which i imagine is in the works. this is awesome, i love betaplayer on my ppc
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL
    The link is dead ... does anyone have another link so I can try this out.
    It still works for me.

Try the link on the first page of this thread. You have to click on the text
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Kinoma Player 3 EX plays many media types Mpeg4, 3GP, Quicktime, AAC, etc. See http://www.kinoma.com/compare-player.html

I think the earlier reference was to a proprietary format that Kinoma also offers. It is not necessary to use the proprietary format to play movies and other media files in Kinoma Player 3 EX. In addition, Kinoma Producer 3 EX creates media files in many formats (including MPEG 4 with AAC sound) other than the proprietary Kinoma format.

In any event, the quality of Kinoma's MPEG4 video and AAC audio play has been consistently excellent. While it will not play .avi, IMO, the playback quality is much better on Kinoma than with similar players, such as MMplayer, etc.
    DITTO. Kinoma Player & Producer are THE best solution at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    It still works for me.

Try the link on the first page of this thread. You have to click on the text

" You should be redirected to the player page in 5 second.
    Click here "

Still doesn't work .... god damn.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast