1.    #1  
    I purchased a Motorola HS850 as my first bluetooth headset for use with the Treo 650.

I really like the features of the HS850 but I hear static anytime the Treo is more than about 10-12 inches away from the headset when I am at my desk. I have an 802.11g router in my office and my notebook also has an internal bluetooth adapter. I have disabled the bluetooth interface on the notebook and it did not make a difference. I have also tried the Treo and headset outdoors and still hear static although not as bad as in the office.

I was really looking forward to the cordless freedom of a bluetooth headset. Is this the way all bluetooth headsets operate or did I just get a dud?

Is there another headset I should try before giving up?

- James
    try the "official treo" bluetooth headset. I've tried 3 or four headsets and it offers the best quality on calls so far for me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I've also heard good things about the bluespoon ax. I noticed a few sites (ie blueheadsets.com) only offer the Treo headset and the Bluespoon ax as compatible with the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    try the "official treo" bluetooth headset. I've tried 3 or four headsets and it offers the best quality on calls so far for me.
    I couldn't agree more. I've tried the BT250 (too awkward to wear, hollow sound), Scala (pretty good, but pretty regular static), and the HS850 (1.08 firmware killed some key features, occasional static) and the palmone treo wireless headset... it's by far and away the fastest at pairing, most feature-rich, and sound is almost too good to be true. Best of luck on your quest!