1.    #1  
    http://www.pocketdvd.ca/

http://www.pqdvd.com/

First one is $11.95 and the second is $32.00. Is the more expensive one really much better?
  2.    #2  
    49 views so far. Someone please help.
    i use pocket dvd with mmplayer, works great for me
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Good question...when people mention pocketdvd, which one do they mean? I downloaded both and have problems with both:

The cheaper one will not let me do videos...which is the majority of what I watch. It only lets me do DVDs

The more expensive one lets me do videos, but they are always cut off at random places (8 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.)....and I paid for it!

Grr...
    i use pocket dvd suite
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
  6.    #6  
    Well I downloaded and tried both trial versions with the same movie. Pocket-DVD Studio for $32 worked flawlessly. The avi file was of excellent video and audio quality. The audio also matched the video the entire length of the movie. When I did it with PocketDVD for $11.95, the video was okay and I had huge audio problems. There was loud buzzing when I played the avi file on my PC and on my 650.

So I answered my own question above.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Pocket-DVD Studio for Palm.....When recording the DVD, it's been freezing up... why? Is it my settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorea
    Good question...when people mention pocketdvd, which one do they mean? I downloaded both and have problems with both:

The cheaper one will not let me do videos...which is the majority of what I watch. It only lets me do DVDs

The more expensive one lets me do videos, but they are always cut off at random places (8 minutes, 20 minutes, etc.)....and I paid for it!

Grr...
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Lately, I reinstalled the Pocket DVD Studio pqdvd.com, and made the setting to be all, not for Palm or Pocket PC. This has allowed me to encode a DVD at any setting I want to. I have been using a very high resolution so I can watch the movie on my laptop if I choose to. The file size has been around 2GB. But, I then run the file through SmartMovie convertor and the file size is reduced to around 200mb. I then copy the movie to my SD card with a reader and watch the movie with SmartMovie on the Treo. The quality is great and now I have a version I can watch in full screen on my laptop and a version that I can watch on my Treo.