1.    #1  
    Every time on my Sprint Treo 650 with Directory Assistant (a great program otherwise) whenever I try to save an address/number I have found as a "new address book entry" to my contacts it causes a soft reset. This seems to be happening only once I updated to 1.08. I have the latest version (3.10 that is up on his site as of March 19, 2005) and I deleted the old one (with Uninstall Manager and then also with the built in Palm launcher) before loading this one up.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 04/12/2005 at 01:29 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    Every time on my Sprint Treo 650 with Directory Assistant (a great program otherwise) whenever I try to save an address/number I have found as a "new address book entry" to my contacts it causes a soft reset. This seems to be happening only once I updated to 1.08. I have the latest version (3.10 that is up on his site as of March 19, 2005) and I deleted the old one (with Uninstall Manager and then also with the built in Palm launcher) before loading this one up.
    More info:
    When I do a ##377 to see what the reset was, it says it was Dir Assist:

DataMgr.c, Line:8872,
    DmWrite:
    DmWriteCheck failed

Does that help with coming up with a fix hopefully? Please?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I had this exact same problem. See this thread.

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...tory+assistant

Basically what worked for me was delete with the Palm launche and NOT Uninstall manager.
  4.    #4  
    As I said above actually, I deleted both ways and it still keeps happening every time.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5.    #5  
    Anybody?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Try my method again. as I remember, it didn't work till I deleted DA more than once with the Palm Launcher. After you delete DA, do a soft reset before re-intall. Let me know if that works.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Try my method again. as I remember, it didn't work till I deleted DA more than once with the Palm Launcher. After you delete DA, do a soft reset before re-intall. Let me know if that works.
    Tried that in various permutations. Soft reset it each time. Still same result. It seems there is something corrupted with my contacts database maybe? I don't know what to do other than to do a hard reset and lose everything in my contacts? That would be very bad.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Did you make any progress? I am having the same problem again with DA 3.10 (copy as new address entry causes soft reset). Deleting DA with launcher and reinstall does not help. I am also having other issues such as doing a find (option shift) resets the 650 during find.
    Glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem.
    Does anyone have the solution for copying addresses from dir assist to the contacts, this used to work fine but since the new dir assist i get nothing but soft resets.
    Thanks
    after reinstalling the old dir assist i am sure it has to do with the update from sprint. does anyone have a fix?
    thanks
    FWIW, I've just started to use DA and have not had a problem copying addresses from DA to my contacts. I'm on Sprint with the firmware upgrade. Maybe there was a problem with a DA upgrade since I started "clean" with the latest version. I'd think UninstallMgr would have gotten rid of any residual files from a previous DA version, but maybe it didn't?
  12.    #12  
    It was definitely a problem with my contacts database and I lucked out somehow and was able to synch it over to my desktop, delete the database on my Treo and then sync it back onto the Treo and that cleaned it. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work the same way for my appointments in my calendar and so my calendar causes hotsync to crash everytime.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    It was definitely a problem with my contacts database and I lucked out somehow and was able to synch it over to my desktop, delete the database on my Treo and then sync it back onto the Treo and that cleaned it. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work the same way for my appointments in my calendar and so my calendar causes hotsync to crash everytime.
    By all means you want to resolve this issue as described above. If you find yourself in a unique position, you can use this as an alternative solution.

I had the same problem; however, I could not do the Treo Guy's fix because I don't sync with a PC. I knew it was the contacts causing the problem so...

(1) I opened the contacts and selected the category "All"
    (2) I selected "send category" from the "Record" drop down menu and choose "SnapperMail"
    (3) SnapperMail opened with a draft with a file attached called "All.vcf" (This contained all of my contacts). I cancelled the email, but saved it as a draft.
    (4) I used Resco Explorer, but you can use any file manager, to delete the contact DB file. Both Explorer and FileProg sees it as ContactsDB-PAdd. I deleted the "ContactsDB-PAdd" file.
    (5) Entered the Contacts app and verified that it was empty
    (6) Opened SnapperMail and found the draft email in the Draft folder. I scrolled to the attachment and clicked on it. I was presented a list of open. I chose "Open with Contacts". The entries were copied into the Contacts app.
    (7) Entered the Contacts app and verified that it was no longer empty
    (8) Open Directory Assistant and searched for a new business address. Clicked the "Copy" button. Selected "New Address Book entry" and then the copy button at the bottom. Selected catergory
    (9) New entry created

Problem Soved, but with this method there is a side effect - your categories will no longer exist and all contacts will be in the "Unfiled"
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com