1.    #1  
    After much pondering, you betcha i will be buying this puppy. I really cannot wait for ther release of this thing. I went nuts the first time i did wifi with my laptop...but to do it on a handheld would make me coo coo.

There is one thing however i am not looking forward to. By the end of this week i should have my Vaja T66 case, and well that means whether i was using the T65 T66 or any other case, i would have to take my phone out of the case and put it into the sled. That sucks...but meh a tradeoff for wifi
    OK... I understsand the whole WiFi's faster than EGRPS, EVDO, 3G, etc.... argument. The think I haven't quite understood is exactly what I'd be doing on my Treo that I would *need* that much bandwidth for... especially if to do such things I'd just whip out my PowerBook G4 12" and do that way. After all, if I'm going to have to deal with headache of configuring WiFi (or want the real protection of a firewall while doing it on an otherwise unsecure network) and want to really take advantage of the performance, I'm certainly going to want to do it on a full-fledged computer.

YMMV, of course.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    taroliw,
    For example, I am going to Taos for a week. There is WiFi where I am staying. With this device, I could take only my Treo and the sled. I wouldn't NEED to take my laptop. I stress "need" because there are obvious reasons why it might be handy, but this makes the laptop, well, only handy - not necessary. I use a 650, so the device is still vaporware at this point, but I am seriously considering one when they show up. I have a data package, and while EDGE is great, it's spotty at best, and inconsistent speed (during use) is frustrating. I can blaze through one page, and the next might take two minutes to load. My laptop will never be too far away, but I can get really excited about not taking it on any more airplanes! That's the reason for me, anyway!
    Vince
    OK...I'm new here, but really wanted to chime in on this...
    I would purchase this in a heart beat, but only if there are apps that can utilize it for the T650. I'm in the security field and would love to have one device that could act as a phone and mini-laptop with all (or some...ok any) of the security tools I utilize. I'm thinking that the security apps for this aren't there however...I had been spoiled a long time ago with the Linux-based Sharp Zaurus (no phone, however)...
    Anybody know if there are WiFi auditing tools of any sort that could use this?
    Thanks.

-D.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Best reason to buy the Enfora sled - Pays for itself in 3 months if you're frequently in areas with WiFi access and you don't have the availability of Sprints $15 unlimited Vision.

That's why I'm buying it sometime this summer.
    I'd rather bring my 12 inch PowerBook...
  7.    #7  
    you know after much thinking i have gone back down to "maybe mode"...cause in all honesty a portable laptop would be better...

now here is my conundrum...64bit chips should be taking over the market soon, so right now all there is, is acer, HP (i think), and ASUS, and maybe fujitsu who make 64bit chips (and of course apple). So yeah i prefer to get an ultra portable laptop
    Make sure you check out Tiger, the upcoming version of Mac OSX which is what Longhorn should be today.
    I've got an unlimited data plan here in Trinidad but I frequently travel to the US for a few days at a time and it's very convenient for me to not have to lug my laptop around every time. Some trips I really don't need it. I simply pop my WiFi SD card into my T3 to check/reply to emails, browse local news, get driving directions etc. at free hotspots.

When in the US, I now use my T-Mobile To Go SIM in my unlocked GSM 650. So I don't have an unlimited data plan in the US. Therefore, I'm really hoping for the WiFi drivers so I won't have to lug both phone and handheld along... after all, that was one purpose of getting a "converged" device.

I've already invested in the WiFi SD card so I'm not too interested in the sled at this time. Also, for those yet undecided, I've noticed that PalmOne has dropped the price of the WiFi card to $99 from $120. So drivers could me more interesting to you. The card will also be a lot smaller to lug around...
    Well of course if P1 releases a WiFi driver that will make any Wifi SD Card work in your 650, no one would buy the sled.
    Not necessarily. The sled has its own "long-life" battery which means you won't rundown the Treo's battery: something like using the Power-to-Go for the T3 (which I found is a must). Also, using the sled will allow you to have use of your SD slot, where one may have programs installed for use while online. Check out https://www.enfora.com/shop/detail.aspx?ID=43
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum_Man
    Well of course if P1 releases a WiFi driver that will make any Wifi SD Card work in your 650, no one would buy the sled.
    I wish they would! How likely does anyone think this is?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm going to buy it too. I can't wait.
    Hi. I realize it's 4 years after the first post to this thread, but I want an Enfora WiFi sled for the Palm Treo 650. Does anyone want to sell theirs to me?
    Thanks! Contact me at: alhoffma<@>gmail.com (Please replace the "<@>" with just the @ symbol)