1.    #1  
    When I try and call someone the phone goes to the dial screen but within 4 seconds it comes back to the dial pad screen. This is my 3rd 650 and second SIM card.

Thanks.
    What carrier? Do you have any software loaded? Did you try hard resetting your phone?

If you have no software loaded, hard resetted your phone and it still does this, call your carrier. You need to get your 4th Treo sent to you ASAP.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Cingular, I have tried that. I guess I will get my 4th treo today.
    Did you install the Cingular firmware upgrade? What brand of SIM are you using? (GEMPLUS or AXALTO)
    Cingular Treo 650
    Swap the phone and then please say something about it at www.treo650update.com

Thanks!
    Tommybilt - before you go back for another exchange, try putting a scrap of paper behind the SIM in its sled. I exchanged my first Treo 650 because of dropped calls, but in retrospect I think it was unnecessary. I think it was just that the SIM was not making good contact.

Be careful that the paper is not too thick though, otherwise you may get the sled jammed in there irretrievably.
    This happened to me last week. Did a Hard Reset and PRESTO the phone was working again. The problem was I lost all my apps. and files and had to wait all day before I could sync them back in. Ah, life with a 650, never a dull moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    This happened to me last week. Did a Hard Reset and PRESTO the phone was working again. The problem was I lost all my apps. and files and had to wait all day before I could sync them back in. Ah, life with a 650, never a dull moment.
    Try BackupBuddyVFS with an SD card. You can get all your apps back on the spot without needing a PC.
    Cingular Treo 650
    except for some reason backupbuddy does not back up my voicedial (by voice signal) program - probably my favorite program ever and I have to wait until i get home to reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    except for some reason backupbuddy does not back up my voicedial (by voice signal) program - probably my favorite program ever and I have to wait until i get home to reinstall.
    Send an email to the developer to let him know. It will be helpful if he can correct this in the next release.
    Cingular Treo 650
  11.    #11  
    It has been a little more than 30 days since my original purchase now I can no longer deal with the Cingular stores they tell me. I have to call up customer care. That wouldnt be such a problem if I could make phone calls when I wanted to.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Did you install the Cingular firmware upgrade? What brand of SIM are you using? (GEMPLUS or AXALTO)
    I have the software 1.04 version and a Axalto SIM. I also had a Gemplus but had them give me the Axalto SIM this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybilt
    I have the software 1.04 version and a Axalto SIM. I also had a Gemplus but had them give me the Axalto SIM this weekend.
    You may want to try firmware 1.05 for Cingular phones from the PalmOne website. Couldnt hurt.
    Cingular Treo 650
  14.    #14  
    I can not seem to find that update. Could you give me the link? Thanks.
    Im confused. My phone was firmware 1.04 and Cingular software version 1.02 before the update. Now its firmware 1.05 and Cingular software version 1.04. It seems my firmware got upgraded, but I thought this was just a Cingular software version upgrade.

In any case, the latest is firmware 1.05 and Cingular software version 1.04. The updater in the following link will get you there. If you are already there, then its time for a new phone.

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...ilUpdater.html
    Last edited by ZBoater; 04/13/2005 at 08:48 PM.
    Cingular Treo 650
  16.    #16  
    I have that software installed. It seems that I can not make calls only at my house. My Treo 600 could call from there, so it isnt a signal issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybilt
    When I try and call someone the phone goes to the dial screen but within 4 seconds it comes back to the dial pad screen. This is my 3rd 650 and second SIM card...
    Ok, i am even more confused. Excuse my denseness. Are you saying that the problem you described in your post only happens in your house? I guess it could be related to the Treo 650 not seeing a strong enough signal, but it does sound weird.

Well, if the Treo is clean and its still doing this, it means that either the Treo is broken (again) or its just not picking up the signal in your house even though your 600 did. If that is the case I would say you need to return it and get something else. Sorry its not working out for you.
    Cingular Treo 650