Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chankla
    Is yours a Cingular phone
    and if it is...how did you move them?
    the Baer
    dmacd
    Thank you...thank you......drag and drop worked for me as well....to move them is all I really wanted to do
    the Baer
    the Baer
    How can I restore favorite buttons from a backup so I don't have to keep re-entering?
    Thanks
    PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB

Find it in the Backup folder on the PC and Quickinstall/copy it to the RAM
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Bill's FileZ trick also works to delete Cingular Media Net from the Blazer Bookmarks - look for the file "Blazer Bookmarks" then View (to confirm) then Delete record 0 ...

AndyN
    Visorphone > Treo 650 GSM (yep sat out everything in between)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    The Favorites that you create yourself will have the delete button; those that come pre-installed, such as Contacts or Voicemail, will not.

To delete a pre-installed Favorite, install FileZ, select the PhoneFavorites file (PhoneFavorites2DB) and choose Item/Edit from the menu. Delete whichever records you're concerned with - I believe Contacts is record 0 and Voicemail is record 1 - select View first to be sure.
    Bill....you are the man. Thanx for the great tip. Those buttons were really starting to get in the way.
    File Z worked like a charm. I just switched from Cingular to T-mobile and those bookmarks were really starting to bug me.

Thanks Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    The Favorites that you create yourself will have the delete button; those that come pre-installed, such as Contacts or Voicemail, will not.

To delete a pre-installed Favorite, install FileZ, select the PhoneFavorites file (PhoneFavorites2DB) and choose Item/Edit from the menu. Delete whichever records you're concerned with - I believe Contacts is record 0 and Voicemail is record 1 - select View first to be sure.
    Bill this is excellent info!!!

I have further discovered you can edit the hard coded buttons to say whatever you like!!! not just delete them...

Go to any editable button and make it do what you like.. Test it and make sure it works...then go into the FileZ and Edit/View it there..

Make a note of the EXACT format. Every character must be exact.

then go to the hard hard button you want to look like this and edit it with the info

If there are need fewer characters use the Delete button. When you close it make sure you hit the APPLY ATTR button to write it.

NOW, here is the tricky part..
    The 2nd Byte on the top line determines WHAT button position you assign it to.

The format is like this.

Position 0 (00) Position 1 (01)
    Position 2 (02) Position 3 (03)
    Position 4 (04) Position 5 (05)
    Position 6 (06) Position 7 (07)
    Position 8 (08) Position 9 (09)

etc.....

If you need to remove extra characters use the Delete button. When you close it make sure you hit the APPLY ATTR button to write it.
    Last edited by blackvette; 04/19/2006 at 12:19 PM.
    New Update!!!! Also found out that the 4th Byte LOCKS the Hard Coded Buttons...

You will see a 23 (#) in the 4th position. If you want to lock your newly created buttons.. Put a 23 in that postion. If you want to unlock ALL of them, including the Hard Ones, Put a 00 in that place..
    Last edited by blackvette; 04/19/2006 at 12:21 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12