Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For those who find that Treo 650 Troubleshooting 101 is simply not for you here is your perfect solution:

PalmOne 90-Day Limited Warranty Statement

In 90 days you should have been able to figure out if you had a working device. Send it back. If the replacement does not work, send that back and keep sending them back till you can get a refund if they all don't work for you. Rid yourself of the agony of having to cry daily on public message boards. Free yourself of what you might consider a "$600 paperweight"! Send P1 a message where it counts! In their pocket! Send it back and free yourself to enjoy another device!

Now if you did not do this in 90 days, I still have a perfect solution for you:
    PalmOne One-Year Limited Warranty Statement

Send it back and free yourself!

Cause I know if I cried daily like some folks have I would have already been free of the T650 and on another device's message board enjoying it instead!
    But wouldn't that make too much sense?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Maybe those that don't send it back find complaining to be some sort of strange personal fulfillment .

Or maybe they are P1 stock holders that have not been able to get their message to P1 via investor channels .
    FAR too sensible. Trouble is, some folks just aren't happy unless they're miserable. And we all know misery loves company.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Frankly I think a lot of the complainers are stock nerds trying to manipulate the price of P1 stock. Not all of them of course are doing this but I think many never have used a Treo.
    Thanks for the common sense reminder!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm with you!!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Your solution presupposes a certain level of intelligence on the part of the trolls that I fear is simply not present, nor ever will be.
    2000, that is what they hope, they need not a lot of intelligence just greed, those are two totally oposite things. Seldom is a truly intelligent person greedy. Hey, wonder if that is why SeldomVisitor used that name?

Hmmmm...
    Last edited by gharrod; 04/11/2005 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Computer Error
    Sorry, you will have to learn to live with, you know, different opinions and all that "freedom of speech" stuff.
    Yes NSi, but when you see someone who has kept the Treo for months with all these problems, you have to wonder why they didn't just dump it. I think that's why people are getting frustrated. They can surely post what problems they had, but if they still have the Treo and are still complaining about new problems, WHY? If you get stuck with a bad one, just get rid of it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Unfortunately, amongst the brown shirt Palmapologist, there is no freedom of speech.

It takes intelligence to have tolerance for multiple views...something that most people in this thread lack.

By the way, the 90 day guarantee does not apply to Sprint Treos.

I really like a lot of things about the Treo, but it doesn't mean I'll join the circle jerk of love 'em or leave 'em lemmings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yes NSi, but when you see someone who has kept the Treo for months with all these problems, you have to wonder why they didn't just dump it. I think that's why people are getting frustrated. They can surely post what problems they had, but if they still have the Treo and are still complaining about new problems, WHY? If you get stuck with a bad one, just get rid of it.
    And that's your opinion, and I accept it and even embrace it - it makes sense from a specific point of view. Just not mine or some others' whose situations you or I may not be aware of, for whatever reason. You are free to wonder all you want about it, but no one but the admins has the right to tell other people to shut up or get out. And last I checked, it says "discussion" up there on the toolbar.

Those who roam the boards acting like the thought police, trying to shut up and shut down anyone who disagrees with them with their lousy fallacies and circular logic, frankly, disgust me. But, unlike them, my concept of freedom includes them, so I say let them write all they want, I just hope people realize it when someone is trying to con them into agreeing with them with half-baked thoughts and made up "facts".

And that's my opinion.
    If I return my Treo, will I still be able to start a web petition and demand P1 to fix all the "problems"? What will I do with my free time then?
    NSi,

Thank you for the excellent post.

Now we get to prepare for the drivel of naysayers...
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    ...Those who roam the boards acting like the thought police, trying to shut up and shut down anyone who disagrees with them with their lousy fallacies and circular logic, frankly, disgust me...
    Sticks and stones, kids, sticks and stones. (can break your bones, but words cannot hurt you, in case someone missed that ) Yes, some people (myself included) get a little peeved from time to time with the trolls, the whiners and the complainers. You can have a problem and come try to get help, but whining for the sake of whining is just plain silly. Having said that, you are right, whining is your God given, Constitutionally guaranteed, and even forum acceptable right. As long as you follow the forum rules, you can whine, complain and moan about PalmOne and the "lousy" Treo all you want. No one can really "shut you down" with the exception of a forum moderator, and I don't think that is the case here (unless someone breaks the forum rules, gets nasty, starts calling people nasty names, etc.).

So, you are right. Whine away. Would you like some cheese with that whine?

P.S. Just kidding. A constitutionally protected form of expression too.
    Cingular Treo 650
  17.    #17  
    Those who continue to cry daily about your T650. I'm sure you would like to feel that I am somehow "intolerant" of your views. Fact of the matter is, I'm trying to help you by giving you the best advice there is. If you have a defective device and are beyond the troubleshooting, then get a replacement. And if that does not work then keep getting replacements till they give you your money back.

That is how you send a message to a company. You affect the bottom line. That has more power than all the rants and letters you could ever muster.

Hey if you enjoy crying daily (and I think some of you do) then have at it. I don't mind exchanges with you. But those of us not complaining would never put up with the issues you others say they are experiencing. Continue your nobel cry baby missions if you wish. All the while a replacement or refund could remedy all your issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    By the way, the 90 day guarantee does not apply to Sprint Treos.
    And you can still return a defective device to your local Sprint PCS store. And I know with the T600s they allowed up to a year. Probably no different with the T650. That is far more convenient than even the P1 warrantee!

So if you have a Sprint T650 head to your local Sprint PCS store and tell them to replace it or give you your money back. If one does not treat you right go up the street to another. You know the don't keep track and it is easier than sending it back to P1.

Oh and there is that 30 day money back guarantee .
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater

P.S. Just kidding. A constitutionally protected form of expression too.
    The US Constitution guarantees them that the government will not create any laws that impede on their freedom of speech. That does not mean you have to parse your words to please them .

They are crying in their cups when they could move forward by taking action to resolve their issues with a replacement or get their money back to purchase a competing device. That is how you send a real message.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    NSi,

Thank you for the excellent post.

Now we get to prepare for the drivel of naysayers...
    Is that "C" for condescending. Your constant ranting and whining makes one wonder if you're not suffering from the old saw that "the whole world is crazy and I'm the only sane one left..."

No doubt, the Treo 650 is far from perfect; there are documented problems from various sources, as there are legions who claim they've had no resets, flame-outs or other disasters. Anyone who could read the specs knew there was only 23mb of available memory. Yes, PalmOne dropped the ball with 512k blocks, but they've fixed that for Sprint and GSM is just around the corner. Face facts - if the Treo 650 were a POS as your claim, an intellignet person like yourself (and NSi, SeldomVisitor, and all the others) would have dumped it in favor of a far superior solution....which is....

I don't disagree with your right to point out Palm's flaws, offer your solutions, etc., but this constant ranting about non-issues only serves to confuse those who are still considering the Treo 650.

You're not a Palm-apologist merely because you can be objective. All of us recognize its short-comings, but your "rant is beginning to look like rage..."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    The US Constitution guarantees them that the government will not create any laws that impede on their freedom of speech. That does not mean you have to parse your words to please them .
    Bwhahahahaha. Touche!
    Cingular Treo 650
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast