Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    And no, I am not paranoid...the whole world is out to get me! ;-)
    That may have a kernal of truth to it.

I KNOW they are after me.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Look, all I was talking about was a behavior; what's uncalled for is the "overzealous" response of the TC thought police.
    Listen, I wasn't offended by your comment, I understood what you were trying to communicate. What you have to ask yourself is why are you posting in the first place? If your intent is to share your viewpoint with others, you will be most effective without resorting to these types of references. Not only are they politically incorrect, but downright offensive to some folks.

You will find that the "thought police" will be a lot less active if we keep the discussion at a higher, more "civil" level. I can certainly think of 1000 ways to cleverly insult someone or be controversial (and I sometimes do anyway ) but I have to step back and reassess why I am doing it, how it is going to impact my credibility and my reputation, and ultimately the reason why I spend soooooo much time on these boards.

Me, personally, love to help people with technology problems. Its in my blood. I also like to mouth off my opinion on many subjects, and I am very opinionated. However, if I started using veiled references to homicidal behavior in my posts, I would find the purpose of my participation in these forums completely meaningless. There are sooooo many political discussion (unmoderated) forums out there on the Net to get your fill of that. Here we should stick with "Treo rocks" or "Treo sucks". Any reference to the extermination of an entire people is just out of place.

Peace!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    And just the same you have the option of returning the device to get something else that makes you happier. Or is there nothing that makes you happy ?

And yes your "brown-shirt" statement was out of line. So what if you had family members affected. We all have family members that were affected by something and still that does not make such lame comparisons appropriate.

If your vocabulary is so broad that you are able to correct my spelling you should be able to find better terms to use when making your points.
    Darnell says "so what" about the Holocaust.

Nice. I think we know where you stand. Poor FD is rolling in his grave.

What better terms would you like me to use? I don't understand your comment/request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    grate to knoe! Now i half an excuze to not chek my speeling.

LOL!
    I never said my grammar or spelling was above reproach; I thank anyone for their corrections. But to have an avatar of FD and then show ignorance is sad.

What is this "inferior" talk. I never said that; only the collective "you". Putting words in my mouth; again a tactic of the thought police.

I have addressed topics very directly; again, accusing me of something that is not true. Again, thought police tactic.

I will answer your question, as you are now posing them directly to me, albeit in a hostile fashion:

I fail to understand the question "why don't you return it for a better alternative". Is everything so black and white? (I guess with the thought police it is). I have repeatedly said what I like and don't like about the Treo (really more about PalmOne).

They aren't returned because they still perform at a threshold that makes them useful.

As for B, which you answered yourself (again, the though police arrogance is very evident), you seem to know everything. There are alternatives, like the PPC, which some people use in my company and which I have bought.

Direct enough for you?

SAND
    Thought police here. Please pull over your keyboard and slow down on the invectives. You are absolutely right that there is no black or white, and surely no perfect solution for all. I suppose we just need to agree to disagree at this point.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Thought police here. Please pull over your keyboard and slow down on the invectives. You are absolutely right that there is no black or white, and surely no perfect solution for all. I suppose we just need to agree to disagree at this point.
    But Officer, I was just going with the flow of traffic! :-)
    But the actions of many hear follow the same principle (albeit not the same in physical terms, which I agree is much worse).
    Spelling is the benchmark of education? Oops.

hear vs. here
    Darnell says "so what" about the Holocaust.

Nice. I think we know where you stand. Poor FD is rolling in his grave.

What better terms would you like me to use? I don't understand your comment/request.
    You KNOW Darnell wasn't saying "so what" to the Holocaust! Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows what he/she meant. You're just trying to incite the posters...why?

Just because you know someone affected by a tragedy, that doesn't give you the right to use it in an improper way. That's like people who use racial slurs or jokes and the say..."I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black, jewish, asian etc..."

Would you tell the same jokes or use the "brown shirt" reference improperly IN FRONT of those people?
  9.    #49  
    Look, all I was talking about was a behavior; what's uncalled for is the "overzealous" response of the TC thought police.
    Starting to think you have an issue with ever being told you are wrong.

Your remark was what was "uncalled for" but you continue to stand by it.

Speaking of education. Any educated person would stop using a device that does not serve their needs. Rather than continue using it while complaining daily . Not to mention accepting when their comments were inappropriate.

Mikec, your resources to debate the issue were low. You know there is no excuse to continue using something that does not work for you. So you had no other choice than to use such horrible analogies and highlight minor spelling mistakes, or dump the device that causes you such grief.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    You KNOW Darnell wasn't saying "so what" to the Holocaust! Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows what he/she meant. You're just trying to incite the posters...why?
    I am a "he" . Mikec has run out of valid points to defend his position, so all he has left are the low blows.
    Thanks, I never know if I'm reading posts from men or women unless they mention a spouse or have an obvious name : )

mikec hasn't run out of anything...he'll be back in another thread bashing P1 again.
    This thread has gone off topic and is now closed.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123