1.    #1  
    I have taken the habit of emailing myself the ZIP file for each new beta and unzipping it with Handzipper. I did the Upgrade thing on Chatter, but now it doesnt reset, it just quits and shuts down. I am supposed to manually reset, but this last time I forgot. I just unzipped the new file and ran Chatter again without ever resetting. It seems to work fine. Did I screw something up here, or is this an acceptable way of upgrading?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I have taken the habit of emailing myself the ZIP file for each new beta and unzipping it with Handzipper. I did the Upgrade thing on Chatter, but now it doesnt reset, it just quits and shuts down. I am supposed to manually reset, but this last time I forgot. I just unzipped the new file and ran Chatter again without ever resetting. It seems to work fine. Did I screw something up here, or is this an acceptable way of upgrading?
    ZBoater - I used to upgrade without resetting, and most of the time it worked fine for me, but once in a while it put my Treo into a reset loop which could only be cured by a hard reset and a restore from backup. Do so at your own risk.
    I wish the reset feature would be added back to the "Upgrade Chatteremail" option. Now, it doesn't seem any different than "Shutdown and Disconnect". Was there a reason for the change?
  4.    #4  
    Some people were reporting problems with a corrupted Saved Preferences file when resetting this way. I never hard the problem, but you never know. I got mReset, a tiny little app that you hit and it resets the Treo. I just forgot to tap it last time...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Some people were reporting problems with a corrupted Saved Preferences file when resetting this way. I never hard the problem, but you never know. I got mReset, a tiny little app that you hit and it resets the Treo. I just forgot to tap it last time...
    That makes sense then. I have a little utility I use as well that simplifies the reset. I just couldn't understand why there is now two menu commands that essentially, AFAICT, do the same thing. But, it will probably get modified in a future release. Marc seems to be consistently hard at work modifying and adding stuff.