Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been using the Docs to go version supplied to me with my Treo 650. My Treo has the latest update as well. For some bizzare reason, every week or so, the Word to Go program develops a glitch and soft resets my phone when I try to open a Word doc. The only way I've found to resolve the problem is to uninstall the program completely from my Treo and then reinstall. Anyone have similar experiences? Any ideas on how to address this problem?
    Try restoring your last Saved Preferences file from before the reset. I was able to avoid the uninstall/install cycle that way.
    I use BackupMan, and backup on Mon-Wed-Fri, so I have a fairly recent backup.
    Zane
    I had a similar problem where WordToGo was causing a reset everytime I did a HotSync. Weird. Anyway, I just used Filez to delete the various DocsToGo preferences. It solved the problem.
    Upgrade your Docs to Go to the 7.003 version.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWowe
    I had a similar problem where WordToGo was causing a reset everytime I did a HotSync. Weird. Anyway, I just used Filez to delete the various DocsToGo preferences. It solved the problem.
    Which prefs should be deleted? Would the deleted prefs have to be replaced, or would they restore themselves on the next hot sync??
  6.    #6  
    I have the most updated version od Docs to Go, so upgrading isn't an option. If anyone has had this problem and has found deleting certain prefs resolves it, I'd love to know specifically which prefs we're talking about.
    or even Hard Resets to Go?

I am having the same problem, I have been trying to get help from DataViz since June last year, problem is still there in current version...

Well, try to contact them, get through 3 rounds of useless reinstalling everything as proposed by some "support"-staff and receive eventually the messeage: "seems to be a new problem.... will be forwardet to ....".

Good luck anyways!
  8.    #8  
    what a discouraging story. Does Dataviz's tech support suck that badly that in a year they still can't resolve this major problem? I need to review Word Docs on the go, is there any alternative short of getting a pocket PC smart phone? I hope that's not my only alternative
    there is another program on your device that is conflictin w/ dtg. delete the saved prefs file noted above. Upgrading will not fix this. search other threads for more info.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    there is another program on your device that is conflictin w/ dtg. delete the saved prefs file noted above. Upgrading will not fix this. search other threads for more info.
    What saved prefs file noted above? It was suggested that I delete the prefs file, but no one has yet specified which one should be deleted. Does anyone have a specific prefs file name that I should delete??
  11.    #11  
    If anyone has dealt with this soft resetting problem and found that deleting specific prefs from the 650 resolved the problem, I'd appreciate your advice as to which prefs specifically should be deleted. Thanks!
    ok, here's where I'll skip the Abbot & Costello "WHO'S ON FIRST" jokes... the file is:
    saved_preferences
    once deleted your Treo's applications will act as if a Hard reset has been performed. Bummer because you'll need to enter registration codes - Good if you have expired shareware & those apps will think you just installed them.
    I have a reset free device with plenty of 3rd party apps. However, I deleted suspec applications. There is another thread on the 650 hardware page that lists apps that work and those that hve issues.
    Those simple steps have allowed me to live a reset free life.
    MadMax
  13.    #13  
    thanks MadMax!
    Documents to go will be the first app to reset the treo if you saved prefferences file becomes corrupt. You sometimes then also get a reset with thehotsync. The instructions on this page tooke me from 5 resets a week to 0 resets per week. dataviz

I thought it would be as simple as deleting the saved preference on the handheld at the same time deleting them in the backup folder on the desk top but it wasnt, I had to follow step by step the instructions on that page.
    Why does it become corrupt in the first place? This is what happens with JUST DocsToGo installed, so not Third-party-app to blame here!

For how long is it working now on your Treo and how often are you editing word-files on it?
    I missed that that was a second party application (second party, is that what you call it?)

I dont know everything about why saved preferences become corrupt. Before a system shuts down it will gather the changes in application preferences and save them in a file, If a program is interrupted during this procces it could become corrupt. If a program is deleted and its saved preferences arent deleted with it the saved preference file can become corrupt. There are I'm sure a hundred ways.

If you get resets every time you open a document and you delete the saved preference file from the hand held then open the document without a reset you had corrupt saved preferences.

If this is the case delete the saved preference file on the hand hel and in you backup folder on the desktop.

I copy a stable saved preference file to the card just in case I need to replace a corrupt saved preference file on the handheld. I have not had a reset in 2 months.

My saved preferences were corrupt because I use microsoft works on my desktop instead of microsoft word. I can save a file in word or excel but if I open it and edit it on the desktop then sync docs2go cant covert it correctly.

Clue me in My t650 did not come with docs to go full version.
    I just noticed that a new version of DTG is not available--7006. I don't know if it will help with the reset problem yet.
    Zane
    How bout that documents to go version 7.0060 now available, why is it I always lear of this stuff after I get to work

Doc2go 7.0060
    What in the world is the problem w/ Documents To Go?! I followed the utlity install as mentioned in this thread. It worked. FOR ONE DAY! Today I'm having the exact same problem. So, do I have to do this utility EVERY DAY?! Install, resinstall? This is insane.

DATAVIZ, FIX YOUR CRAP!

Any other suggestions out there?
    Tell me about your troubles, I am an unofficial bonified Doc 2 go expert. I've got all the good fixes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast