1.    #1  
    I had weird things going on too, but after upgrading to Sprint Update 1.08, I haven't had a single reset or freeze. Before the update I was experiencing roughly 4-5 resets per day. I haven't had to reset in nearly 48 hours (knock on wood).

I use the typical programs (Chatter, Blazer, tons of SMS, LinkStart, RightBackup) and didn't think I was using anything special that might cause a reset, but nevertheless, they were destined to happen. Now I am stable and completely content with my Treo 650.

Just sharing my happy experience. Not sure why everybody hates the Treo so much...you can always tweak enough to get it right within reason.
    It will pass
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    After 5 treos in 5 months i to am finally happy have not had any unforced resets in a week was going between 5 to 10 a day. Everything is stable now and it works the way i hoped it would when i purchased it.

Fred
    I'm finally happy with my 650 as well...then I got my bill from Cingular. Stupid blokes have me down for "unlimited", but charged me for each data connection, giving me a bill of about $333 dollars.

Hopefully they'll fix this gross overcharging or Sprint might be getting a visit from me.
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsipe
    I'm finally happy with my 650 as well...then I got my bill from Cingular. Stupid blokes have me down for "unlimited", but charged me for each data connection, giving me a bill of about $333 dollars.

Hopefully they'll fix this gross overcharging or Sprint might be getting a visit from me.
    Seems you're not alone:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80311

Glad I'm on Sprint...but according to someone here, Sprint user have no idea their Treo is also a PDA.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Seems you're not alone:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80311

Glad I'm on Sprint...but according to someone here, Sprint user have no idea their Treo is also a PDA.
    Hehe. I've never had a problem at all with Cingular until I went with the Treo. Not only are they clueless, but the CSR's get beligerant (probably because they are clueless).

Plus I found out this weekend that all my work in getting the group username and password for our VPN concentrator was worthless. You can't navigate to 10.x.x.x networks on Cingular's network. They don't allow VPN. (at least this is what I've read in other threads). I wondered why I could mobile TS to my home PC and couldn't MobileTS to servers on the 10.x.x.x networks when I was VPN'd in.
    The update did make a world of difference for me as well. Before you couldn't recommend it without saying "but the stability is quite poor." Now, while not perfect, it's significantly better.
    ...then I got my bill from Cingular. Stupid blokes have me down for "unlimited", but charged me for each data connection, giving me a bill of about $333 dollars.
    The worst part about a miss like this is that you also can't catch it during the month. At least with the billing system that AT&T had you could look up usage pretty much as you went. If you made a change, you could make a few connections... wait a bit... and then log into the web site and see what you'd just been doing. :-)

Cingular may be borrowing the customer forums and the network, but perhaps they ought to take a hard look at their systems and do some sharing there, too.
    As discussed in at least one of the various VPN threads, some folks CAN VPN using Cingular's$25 plan- it all depends on whether your VPN client can handle NAT negotiation. (I can access our 10.x.x.x network fine via DUN and our Sonicwall client.)

For those that can't, and who must have VPN connectivity, the $40 plan gives a non-NATted address that should work with any client.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I haven't tried DUN yet, I'm using MobileTS on my Treo. My intentions were to get rid of the laptop for when I was on-call, so I could VPN in, Terminal Service into a server, check it out and decide whether or not I needed to come in.

If I have to use DUN, that sort of kills my intentions on buying the Treo in the first place.
    I haven't tried DUN yet, I'm using MobileTS on my Treo. My intentions were to get rid of the laptop for when I was on-call, so I could VPN in, Terminal Service into a server, check it out and decide whether or not I needed to come in.

If I have to use DUN, that sort of kills my intentions on buying the Treo in the first place.
    Have you tried "Win-Hand"?
    I refuse to pay Win-Hand's monthly fee, when I can do the same exact thing with MobileTS (if it weren't for Cingular's network limitations). Plus, I don't think it's DOD standards to load an application like Win-Hand on Government servers. They may not like that.

Plus, the fact that Win-Hand was advertised as "freeware" and then he drops the bomb on everyone and starts charging is a little shady. Don't plan on supporting a software company like that anytime soon.
    Agree, after the 1.08 patch the phone is far, far better than before. It's acceptable now. Voice sounds ok, signal is ok, I can definitely handle 2 or 3 resets a week when in heavy use, and BT is now much more reliable, not to mention I went from 2.5 to 11.5 free megs. The patch was a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Have you tried "Win-Hand"?
    Have you seen the prices. If his company picks it up, maybe..
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!