1.    #1  
    I was sitting here thinking that since I know I can get online cable listings with channel numbers and that there are apps for the Treo that will show me these listings and that there have always been simple to use remote control apps ever since the infared port came out on the first Palm device - why not have these integrated into one app - give me real time listings of my local cable stations (with all the features for search, save, etc) and allow me to just select it and have it change my TV/Cable box to that station...

Does this exist alread in one app? I searched briefly on the net and here and couldn't find something that advertised this - before I spend hours searching I thought I would ask here.

Also - if this does not exists - I was thinking this would be a good first app for me to write... I have thinking of learning how to develop Palm based apps anyway.

Does this sound like an app you would use?

Does anyone want to join me in developing this app or a portion of this as a team effort?

Thanks,

JOhn
    check out second screen SST: www.guideremote.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! - that looks like it is what I was looking for - SSTV Guide Remote! I will download it and test it...

Cool - ok - still looking for a cool first app to write. Perhaps one that will start my coffee maker in the kitchen? Hmmmm.... :-)
  4.    #4  
    Roadwarrior: It seems that the remote function for this is not yet working for Palm OS 5.0 - darn, I was so looking forward to using this! I wonder how long it will be before this is updated so it will work on the Treo 650.

Are there any competitors?
    I think part of the problem is that the IR on the Treo only has a short range, so you'd need to be right in front of the television for it to work.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
  6.    #6  
    Actually there is a popup message on the app that actually says 'Remote control feature not yet supported in PalmOS version 5.0' when you click the remote control icon on this app.... And I remember reading a similar message on the docs online.
    there is an IR booster made. I think it's called Leap frog. It uses a hardware device attached w/ velcro tp the remote. Retrans via radio to another IR that is pointed at the TV. I have one at home - been using it for years (not with Palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    there is an IR booster made. I think it's called Leap frog. It uses a hardware device attached w/ velcro tp the remote. Retrans via radio to another IR that is pointed at the TV. I have one at home - been using it for years (not with Palm)
    I wish there was a BlueTooth "Leap Frog", where the treo could talk via bluetooth to something that is pointed IR at the tv in close range.
    <br>