1.    #1  
    I want to get my hotmail email using Versamail on my 650, but I don't know the incoming and outgoing adresses of the servers. Hotmail has not responded to my emails, so I call upon you- wise people of TC to guide me in my quest for thou hast helped me many a time.
    Without paying extra I don't think they allow you to do this. And I think even with paying you can only download mail, not send it via their service. To prevent SPAM most e-mail services prevent sending mail that originates from a connection outside of their network.

To send you'll have to use Sprint's SMTP server.
    Sorry for the assumption. I don't even know which service your Treo is with.

If with Sprint you need to use: smtp.sprintpcs.com

If you are using another service you'll have to contact them or maybe someone else can help you with that.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, Darnell

Actually I'm cingular, but I guess it doesn't matter unless I want to pay for hotmail instead of getting it for free. Do any of the major providers (AOL, Yahoo, etc) give out their addresses for free
    Why give away for free what people are willing to pay for ?
    gmail will allow you to do it for free
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    I want to get my hotmail email using Versamail on my 650, but I don't know the incoming and outgoing adresses of the servers. Hotmail has not responded to my emails, so I call upon you- wise people of TC to guide me in my quest for thou hast helped me many a time.
    Hotmail does not do POP3. Even if you pay $19.95/yr for Hotmail Plus! So you cannot get to it directly from Versamail.

They have their own protocol to integrate with outlook express and that's it. You cannot use any other email clients. One option is to create an account at http://www.fastmail.fm and have them poll your hotmail account. You can do IMAP to your fastmail account from Versamail. Hope that helps...
    I've got it working with gmail, and I have 50 free invites if you would like an account.
    What are your settings for gmail? I have been having a little trouble getting any versamail accounts set up.
    i got all the settings i needed off this page. it's been working with versamail quite well.
    Like others have said, POP3 access to HotMail does not exist. When I want to check my hotmail, I just visit http://mobile.msn.com.

Since I now have a GMail account that I can send & receive mail with from my Treo, my HotMail use is going down.
    I just ditched Hotmail altogether, it sucks, Gmail rocks!
  13.    #13  
    If the invitation is still on the table I'd love a gmail acct. Thanks dsrlb!
    GMail does POP3 well. But the basic functionality sucks. Emails get delayed very often and sometimes even lost. I just don't understand how that can happen. And it is not just me. My friends have the same problem too. It is not quick like Hotmail or fastmail. I would never use GMail as my primary email...
    I've been using GMail practically since it's induction and have never once had an issue with it. It is my primary email address and have been very happy with it for a year. Plus, with 2 gigs of storage, you can't go wrong.